Insurance? Who do you have/recommend? State Farm?

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse Insurance? Who do you have/recommend? State Farm?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of htown htown 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I heard State Farm is great for sportbike coverage. I’ve always gone with Progressive.. Can anyone comment on State Farm? Other recommendations?

Profile photo of broccoli2
    broccoli2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I have progressive and for both my bikes it’s in $550 a year range with $500 deductable and $3000 worth of excessories covarage on each bike
    Insurance is really tough to compare.
    Factors,
    Years of motorcycle lience
    Zip code
    Coverage limits
    And thesevare just the big ones

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’m 25, had license for 7 years, motorcycle license for 5, no points, rent, live in RI, and want the same coverage as you. I’m going to run a check on Progressive, and if it’s around what you’re paying, that’ll do perfectly. I didn’t even know you could get accessory coverage!! Thanks!

Profile photo of stix09phoenix
    stix09phoenix
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

I was going to go with State Farm but totaled my car a few weeks ago, so they wont take me. I am already set up to go with Progressive once my title comes in. I’m paying about $1050 for the year which includes $500 deductible for collision/comprehensive which includes up to $1k in aftermarket upgrades and $100 in towing per incident.

Profile photo of broccoli2
    broccoli2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Shawn, Thats not to bad considering your accident

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

That’s not bad at all with an accident. I’m looking at a bit less but still around that range. I’ll post up when I hear back from both companies.

Profile photo of steria
    steria
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I know that State Farm has got several MC commercials targeted for the 2-wheelers on TV nowadays..

Profile photo of 09redblackrr
    09redblackrr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I got progressive through USAA, im paying 80/ month for the bike 300 total a month for my bike, my titan and my mustang. So far everything is good, and the discounts are nice.

Profile photo of atx600rr
    atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

USAA is great. I had them for a while then had to switch to another company because I mad a few driving mistakes while on leave. I’m now with Geico and they were the best price for my driving record.

Profile photo of steria
    steria
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

What about Farmers or Geico? Any experiences with them?

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Never tried Farmers.

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I have Geico and thhey gave me a pretty good deal due to my car insurance for the last 5+ years with them i think im at like $300 a year but i also live in Florida and with our whack moto laws that could be why is it low

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.