It makes me truly sad…,

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse It makes me truly sad…,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of jules jules 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

..remembering the heady days of car and bike forums.

I’ve watched far too many forums go silent, and then die.

Those that remember long, long ago, many of us came from a dying and injured forum too, and we found new life and hope here…

Sadly, that life seems to be now extinguished here too…how many times do you keep or want to keep logging in, to a dead forum, in the hope of seeing some activity or sign of life. Only to find it’s dead and now silent here too.

I know the internet has changed beyond recognition, I know, and I blame and hate smartphones, they’re really the modern day scourge unless you one of a few who uses them intellectually and intelligently, as oppossed to how many likes your latest selfie or meal got. Apparently I’ve learned I’m one of the few women left who do see the negative in them. I see the world I knew vanishing into portable screens.

That’s sad.

So many names and friends gone.

I just don’t do screens, I love real life and pictures of it and how we all used to be.

I wish you all the best.

I’d rather read about the latest Honda than the latest iPhone but it appears I’m far, far out numbered.

To my friends who stuck by me,

Fish fryer,
    Kewl breeze,
    Voodoo chyl,
    Woo545

And hardcorp whose death broke my heart and i never bought the media story, it just never rang true…

And SO many others, I love and miss…

I love you guys, from a long and distant time gone by 🙂

Jules x

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.