It's been 6 long cold years

RideCBR.com Forums New Member Introductions It's been 6 long cold years

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nueyf4i nueyf4i 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cbrsix
    cbrsix
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Welp, 6 years and 2 kids later…. I’m back! I sold my cbr close to 6 years ago now, once my daughter was born and we went to the market to buy a new house. The time has come to get back into riding. I’ve only ever been a part of the cbr forums and that’s kind of the only forum I like to be on. I remember a handful of you from the old forum days. I did not purchase a cbr however. I wanted to, but at the same time I was yearning for a project and something I hadn’t already had. I ended up with a 2004 r6. Now I know this r6’s tail end might be the ugliest thing in the world but before you judge, I am doing a sub frame swap and it should be a cool project. Look forward to hearing from some of you all again. Please dont kick me out… it’s just a yamaha.

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome back! I wasn’t here when you left, but also sold my CBR not too long ago. I went the other way though and got an ST1300……

Profile photo of cbrsix
    cbrsix
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Nice. I’m still a sucker for the sounds and feel of the inline 4. How was it switching to a v4?

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Quiet, very quiet:) The engine sounds like the Jetson’s car and the stock exhaust is way quieter than the 2 bros M2 that I had on the F4i. There are no performance upgrades on my ST, only comfort upgrades. It also doesn’t have the feedback of my F4i…..super smooth too! I’ve put just over 27,000 leisure miles on it in just over 2 years. I put just under 20,000 on my F4i in the 3 years I owned it….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.