January heat wave

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse January heat wave

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nueyf4i nueyf4i 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

65 in January. . . it’s gonna be a beautiful day for a ride here in Virginia. How warm is it where you are?

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

50’s and low 60’s during the day, but cloudy and raining.

Pretty cold and wet for southern California.

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

thermometer says 72 right now, I just got back from a 3 hour ride!!! I’m pretty sure we won’t be getting any more days like this for a while. . . . but I wouldn’t be sad to be wrong. . lol

Profile photo of pacemaker
    pacemaker
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Heat wave? it was 31c (87F) all last night with humidity up around 80%, broke some record. Thats after a 42c day (107f). It hit 45c (113) in parts of Sydney. It was the same a few days ago, with more to come.

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Averages here in January are in the teens and 20s and we have 2 or 3 more 60 degree days coming up next week too. . . and around this time last year we had around 4 feet of snow on the ground too. . . What’s the coldest it gets down there?

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Not QUITE so warm here lol.

Daytime ‘highs’ of between 5 & 7 deg. C this week (night-time temps around 0 maybe a bit minus even – frosts on the lawn anyway!) Highs have been up to 10 but that’s with cloud cover and often rain… Had a sprinkling of snow last week in London area and as usual everything ground to a halt. Our infrastructure and transport system operates on the ‘Goldilocks’ principle; only works if all the environmental conditions are Just Right!!

Even so this is another ‘warm’ winter so far – between 2005 and 2010 we had som really cold ones with ice & snow for weeks or months even. And recalling further back (60’s, 70’s, 80’s) we had colder winters & hotter summers.

But the bottom line is I can still ride until it gets down below 5C – still get frozen on motorway blasts even with Hot Grips but at least not much risk of ice on the road. Fog & snow put me off though too. Rain OK but annoying but living in Britain you just gotta accept a lot of ‘humid’ weather!

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

SoCal is getting wetter and colder. I saw 34F this morning, and we’ve had double our average rainfall so far this season. Everything is a complete mess….

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

It’s been back and forth here, it’s supposed to be almost 60 tomorrow.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.