Lane splitting experiences.

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse Lane splitting experiences.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of rome83 rome83 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

This thread is dedicated to your story’s and experiences on lane-splitting and if you do it all the time, rarely, or gosh no never!

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I lane spite sometimes when I feeling up beat and confident and mostly on red lights.

about 2 times I had people cussing me out like crazy and one of those the dude actually pulled over and walked on the side walk parallel to where I was sitting at a red and he wanted me to come over and fight him.. i should have took off my helmet and knocked him out with it!

other experience was this weekend at the Indians baseball game. traffic was still in downtown and there was a van in front and a taxi next to me so i decided to go in front of the taxi and made the mistake of revving the engine to loud and the traffic cop walks up to me and is all like “why did you do it” and then I found out lane-splitting is illegal in ohio… then went arround the corner and a black dude walking by told me to “rip that ass” hahaha

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Before I ran for the hills many years ago I used to be a city girl and commuted everyday to the hospital via busy city traffic … I had become like a despatch rider, no gap was too small and I often did it without thinking, looking back now it was madness and I don’t do it so much anymore … I’ve had my nine lives many times over.

A couple of years ago I decided to see how the 600RR would be in the city so took a detour one day and it’s narrow size got me through some tight stuff, I did it just to see if I still had it, it seems I did ..lol

These days I’m usually riding out in the hills and mountains and never need to split lanes :)

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I take shoulders too :oops:

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

I will still, always go to the front of the que at traffic lights, the way I see it, particularly in the city with three or four lanes waiting to move off, is if I’m in the middle of that sea of waiting vehicles and all their lane changing then I’m at risk. So, I simply trickle filter to the very front of the que, it’s legal here by the way, and when the lights change I’m the first one off leaving a swirling mass of lane changing vehicles safely behind me in my mirrors.

The progress I can make through a city on my bike versus my car is night and day :)

Jules

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I have never done it….on perpose. Was riding with acouple guys and the one leading (who I had never met before) ended up being a real ass hat. So that day, we ended up doing a couple different manuvers that Im not so proud of.

single lane road, through town, traffic stoped at a opened drawbridge. we are at least 15-20 cars back. He pulles out and slowly starts passing all the stoped cars from the oncoming lane. Were like “he must be gona take a left just before the bridge” ……so we follow.Just as we get near the bridge, it closes and the light goes green. Next thing we know he drops the hammer and were all shooting over in front of every one!! and doing 50in a 25….Lane spliting is illegal in MD…..So I wasnt happy, but I didnt want to stick around to talk about it either.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

i dont make it a habbit, but i do it here and there. It really tends to piss off people so watch your back after you do.

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I was coming up to a red light and the guy in the left lane was sitting more than a car length back so rather than sit behind the car in front of me I hopped into the huge gap at the front of the left lane. The light turns green and we start off, the guy starts blaring his horn and I look back and hes flipping me off with both hands. I’m like seriously?? you left the lane open, so I thought for a split second about stopping but I just gunned it and was gooone. Lane splitting is illegal everywhere but California “allows” it. I hear they are trying to change that though.

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

This is crazy- if you haven’t seen it before

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

I think people who ride like that actually have a death wish or are very angry with the world, something is dreadfully amiss with them, to ride that way in traffic at such crazy speeds … you are either mental or want dead. You can only hope they don’t take others with them … imagine a parent and child crossing the road and being hit by that lunatic at speed…

I don’t even see that much skill, if you were told you were dreaming and can’t be hurt, you could ride like that too … it’s just a video game, not real skill … who are they trying to impress, other youtube crazies who then go out to try and beat that?

You put others at risk like that and you’re fair game for Karma!!

Jules

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@juliet Agreed, he almost hit two people at different times trying to cross the street!

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I think I posted about this before in another thread, but in NC it’s completely illegal. I was caught by a road block after lane splitting and jumping on the highway. Glad I had an amazing lawyer, got off with nothing, but they could have easily fined/impounded.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

when somebody on a sportbike blast tru town like that , people hate us bikers even more, no wonder we have problems in traffic. ive seen that clip before and it still has death wish all over it….

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Jason Owens:

The guy that opened his door stole the motorcyclist bags lol
    If it was my fault I would punched the shit out of that guy.. Unless it was legal and he was at fault

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Ya that dude was pretty intense! I like how he slows down at 3:40 cause of the cop. i dont think that officer would be able to catch him anyways.

if you think thats crazy.. check this out! these ppl just take it to a crazy level of extreme.

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I actually had a incident where it was a four lane road and both lanes were backed up so i decided to go down the side because I needed to turn right and I was riding down the side and rode right up to a cop and lucky I stopped in a split second! cops didnt even realize when I pulled up lol.. by that time I was like 4th car from the light :-D

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Roman:
    I actually had a incident where it was a four lane road and both lanes were backed up so i decided to go down the side because I needed to turn right and I was riding down the side and rode right up to a cop and lucky I stopped in a split second! cops didnt even realize when I pulled up lol.. by that time I was like 4th car from the light:-D

Did that yesterday and pulled in right behind him and he didnt notice lol

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

ha ya those sneaky bastards lol… gotta be careful ha

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.