license plate bracket

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse license plate bracket

This topic contains 19 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of borderline4laska borderline4laska 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of yanahmean
    yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Ok so I got pulled over again for my tag on the biosensor beingnvisible enough not to mention that even after they ran my license n my tag and then my vin they had no records of my motorcycle being registered even tho I have a sticker and the paper with the vin n tag number on it.. anyways I know everyone has seen the tag brackets that are on a spring hinge and have a small roller on it. They mount under the tail usually on or above the rear hugger… if anyone knows where to buy this and maybe post a link it would be greatly appreciated. I looked at some companies and eBay but could not inc it

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

If i remember it is made by “competition werkes” the one which you speak of…

Is this it???

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I also liked the look of these rumble concepts armor series…

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru
    yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Yes @cbr-f2 the first one is the bracket im looking for but I cant find it by itself.. I dont need a fender eliminator kit as its already been done

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Oh!? Try contacting them directly for just that piece.

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Thought about it but I wanted to see if anyone knew else where to get it.. I keep hearing ebay but no luck finding one lol

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Can you have one made? Would be a simple task for a decent machine shop. Maybe even cheaper and less waiting time. When its finiahed you can have it powder coated, painted or you can rattke can it yourself. Just my .02

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru
    Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

And this one
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/161401131468?nav=SEARCH

I dont remember what year yours is.

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

My ’04 has a generic plate holder. It is tucked enough to not need the roller or pivot. It is just 4 small brackets and I bought two led lights to replace the license bolts. All from Amazon and was under $50 total. The pic is not all that great but not much to see. You could make one pretty easy if you have the tools. I will look for the links for you when I get home later.

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

So I called that place and basically their fender eliminator kit consists of some lights and that tag bracket lol for $140.00 l mfao what a joke..

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@yanahmean bring it to the shop and when we do your lights we’ll take a look at it. Between you, dad, and myself we can probably make it. Look how nice mine turned out.

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@dubv wothout a doubt we can come up with something lol.. I want it to be as hidden as possible but not get me pulled over every year… it being hidden has been beneficial so far but at the same time its gotten unwanted attention (no tickets just attention).. the bracket that is with that eliminator kit is ideal but the price is stupid… pops even said f’em and leave it lol

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

just custom make one and light it up a bunch so they can’t complain.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I had some issues with my tag bracket yesterday. Mine is only held with 1 bolt through the battery box. When I had my stock exhaust I tack welded a bolt to the up pipe to secure the other side. I didn’t want to do that to the Hyperflow…. guess I should have. The single bolt would periodically work loose and slide down a few inches.

Well yesterday it came loose enough to slide vertical and it cut through the insulation on my light for the tag. This caused the fuse to blow. Just an FYI this fuse also goes to your speedo and rear running light.

So today I spent moving my tag. The Hyperflow comes with 2 little “L” brackets for the tag but the 05-06 doesn’t come with a light. I fabed up a little bracket to fit a light.

Not real happy with the new location but I shouldn’t have any more problems out of it. I’ll post pics in SShakiRRa’s build thread.

Profile photo of shoichirohonda
    shoichirohonda
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Home Depot has long hinges.
    Pull the center rod out.
    Cut the two pieces to length you need.
    Grind a few places between where the rod goes through.
    Put some springs in.
    Insert rod.
    Flare the rod ends.
    Ten Dollars.

LED light with signals:

Twenty-six dollars shipped.

Profile photo of kennmcook
    kennmcook
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Couple notes, feel free to tell me to keep my 2 cents:
    * I would be cautious with the LED strip. Primary being how visible is it in daytime riding? I don’t have any info on intensity or viewing angle of the LEDs, etc. But real world test, would you make your lights less visible in daylight than the stock lights?

* Make sure that you correct the fast flash. I bought and installed a flasher relay for my brother. He was fine with how it was, but there is not a lot of color variation between red and amber (yellow-ish). I was concerned, because I had a hard time seeing his turn signals when riding behind him and LOOKING FOR THEM.

* Make sure that the bracket / hindge, whatever has some bite. I have read a lot of forms where a couple bolts (strait line) in an angle bracket worked there way out (in plastic). Rocking back and forth with the wind, etc. It was advised to make them longer and use more than 1 row to mount them. Personally, I used 2x 6″ angle brackets that were bent to fit with a vise and hammer. I have not had any problems with it and it still has a minimalist look. Mine mounts into the plastic, so disregard if your mounting into metal. My CBR also has side mount pipes.

-Kenn

Profile photo of kewlbreeze
    kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I use hyper-lites around my plate and they would probably work for your purpose and are super bright and very well made. Full disclosure though; they aren’t cheap and I use mine ‘in addition’ to stock lights not ‘in place of’ although technically I guess they could be.

Profile photo of borderline4laska
    borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Ive have the assembly if you want it, the back plate with holes, hinge and rod, exactly whats in the pic first posted, took it off the other day to put on a swingarm mounted one. Anyways its yours if you want it, Im in southern IN. :patriotic:

youtube.com/borderlinealaska

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.