Maintenance on 5/3/12

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR News & Announcements Maintenance on 5/3/12

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of admin admin 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

If you see any errors today, we’re running maintenance and backups for RideCBR. We’re also adding more functionality and easier to use functions on RideCBR. I’ll post up again when it’s done and you guys can report if you see any errors, but I don’t think we’ll have any problems after this update.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Cool new features added to the activity wall:

Users can now embed videos by entering the video’s URL into their Wall from YouTube, Vimeo and many others.

Users can now embed pictures by entering the picture’s URL into their Wall from Flickr, Photobucket and many others.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Done for now. Shouldn’t be any errors. More to come this weekend.

Profile photo of kewlbreeze
    kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Users can now embed videos by entering the video’s URL into their Wall from YouTube, Vimeo and many others.

Are you saying you can embed Vimeo videos into posts here? If so, what am I doing wrong? I tried every method (by link, by youtube, etc..) and couldn’t get it to work here:

http://ridecbr.com/topic/photos-out-of-a-truck/

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

See attached.

You should have a YouTube button. Click that, post the URL, and submit.

No?

kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Thanks for the reply. I did try that with both the embed code and direct video url and neither worked.

Here’s what I get if I try the direct video url using the Youtube button and clicking submit:

^^^Nothing shows up (nothing on my end anyway). But if you edit (not quote) this post you will see that the link is actually there.

kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Actually, when I tried to quote my own post it didn’t show up either but if I tried to “edit” my post, it did show the link.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Strange. I can post youtube videos straight into that and it shows up. Anyone else having this issue?

Try going to a youtube video, click the embed button, and then there is an option that says “use old embed code” and that will work 100% until I can figure out why it’s not working for you.

kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

The youtube button works for me for youtube videos, it’s for vimeo that it’s not working.
    I guess we’ll wait and see if anyone else has any issues or not, if not then it may be a browser conflict issue. I’m using Chrome.

American Dream from Ian Ruhter : Alchemist on Vimeo.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’ll look into a vimeo option.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.