motorcyclefairingsrus.com REVIEW

RideCBR.com Forums Aftermarket Part Discussion Member Product Reviews motorcyclefairingsrus.com REVIEW

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of admin admin 3 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of thebearded1
    thebearded1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

This is my official review for @motorcyclefairingsrus

First off, many thanks to the Stephen Warde from motorcyclefairingsrus.com for his assistance and offering me an oppurtunity to do this review. Now, on to the nitty gritty of it all….

The numbers:
    Customer Service – 10 out of 10, Stephen has been on point with all email communication. I did not ask for any extras such as more clear coat or more heat shielding. The website I found was easy to navigate, informative, well laid out and has links for using PayPal and credit card transactions. Shipping was free to the United States as well as many other countries. The initial email and order was done on July 21, and I recieved a shipping notice on July 30. August 4, I had a box from overseas sitting in my kitchen. Packaging was great, no damage to the box or the contents.

Each item was separately wrapped, very well I might add.

Naturally, I inspected and photographed each piece. Found no major issues.

Installation – 9 out of 10. A couple pieces had to be finessed into place – as expected. The tail went on actually easier than expected.

The nose was quite easy after swapping out my internals and mirrors

Mids and belly pan did have me scratching my head, but that’s no fault of the manufacturer

The front fender mounting holes needed to be drilled out for the bolts to through, not a huge ordeal, but just a heads up….

Fit and Finish – 8.5 out of 10, The paint job is absolutely beautiful. Online pics dont do it justice.

The reasoning behind the 8.5 is as follows….The windscreen isn’t a perfect fit

I plan on taking it off and elongating the holes at some point to see if I can get it down closer to the third eye

There wasn’t quite enough paint/clear on the trailing edge of the nose fairing

and at the corner where the mids, uppers and nose all come together

After my initial ride – only a couple times around the block, the bottom of the mids popped loose…I can try to see if I can get them to go together a little better later

Othe than those, all my lines are pretty straight, including the air dams on the front and the solo cowl.

Also, I could not get the upper to line up with both tabs under the tank cover, both sides are identical. So it may be something I have mis aligned. I might try to re-do them and fit better.

The flat black plastic bits – rear hugger, exhaust shield and the filler between the seat and front of the tail, I repainted myself with a high gloss plastics paint. Made for a much nicer look, IMO.

All in all, I’d go a 9 out 10 for an overall experience with motorcyclefairingsrus.com. I would most definitely recommend them to anyone looking to replace their fairings. If I never need to replace mine – this is the company I would go with. I will come back and update my review periodically as time goes by to rate the durability of the paint and overall appearance.

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Nice write up, very detailed. About how long would you say it took to install total? Also, what do you have on your rear shock? I have a Red Bull can on mine.

thebearded1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Total install time on the fairings was maybe 12 hours total…that’s with fiddling with a couple pieces to get them as close as I could, I didnt use the plastic push rivets anywhere except underneath on the belly pan – so I had to drill and use well nuts in place of them(ductwork in the airdam, and on the uppers). Once again not a fault of the mfr. just my personal choice. On the rear shock, is new Monster Nitrous drink – its a smaller can than the big Monsters, fit perfect over the shock chamber.

One other thing, motorcyclefairingsrus included MORE than enough heat shielding with the kit, both the belly and the mids are almost completely covered with it and I still have a bit left over.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

very detailed write up.. well done .. btw , your not the olny one to have those aliginment issues with after martket fairings, ive seen those same problems on my friends bikes. how do you plan to handle the windscreen gap?

thebearded1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@bambam I’m gonna try to drill out the mounting holes and maybe shave the bottom edge down to see if I can get it to go a little tighter.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Blog post on front page entered.. thanks for sharing @thebearded1

Profile photo of renomatt
    renomatt
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Thanks for the pics and info. I was going to go with FatalCycles but Admin told me that some members had communication problems and that he had flaked. I will try Motorcyclefairingsrus and see if they are still around. I notice this is over a year old and was wondering if you still liked the product or if you had any problems.

Thanks
    Matthew

thebearded1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@renomatt Had no problems with the fairings other than what was mentioned here. I sold the bike in April, so I can no longer attest to the longevity of it. Good luck with it! Lets see some pics when you’re done.

Profile photo of renomatt
    renomatt
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Ok thanks. They have changed their name to ExtremeFairings.com now. I have contacted them and need to send them a pic of my bike. The guy who owned it before me dropped it and all the fairings are messed up. I thought the price was good and it is actually cheaper than Fatalcycles.

Matthew

Profile photo of shoichirohonda
    shoichirohonda
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Looks good.

Profile photo of damitch
    damitch
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I’m in need of a full fairing set, are we still rating extremefairings.Com or has anyone had a better supplier?

Now the proud owner of a 97 CBR 600 F3 :) :) :)

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

ExtremeFairings.com has a coupon code on another post here. Heard good things.

We used to have SuperbikeFairings.com as a sponsor.. heard good things there too.

Never tried either or personally though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.