My buddy got his first bike!!

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse My buddy got his first bike!!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of crash crash 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I just went and picked up my friends first bike with him, its an 06 Suzuki Katana GSX600 with 8k miles on it..he got it for $2500…not a terrible deal…

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

its in DIRE need of a paint job……….lol……..

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I rode it to his house for him, refreshed him on how to ride, “he rode dirtbikes when he was younger” and watched him ride around in his subdivision, then we went to a school across the street and rode around int he bus loading area….lol…after he was semi comfortable with that, we rode to the gas station about a mile or so away so he could get some gas!

Profile photo of bacaboy69
    bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Tell him congrats and to watch out for the other vehicles.

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

haha I definitely have told him to keep a steady lookout of his surroundings…lol…I had a katana back in the day…I hit 120 on this one on I95…its pretty quick, nothing on our RR’s though…HAHA…smooth as it can be though! way more comfortable…lol, but id never trade my RR for anything! ;)

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

“its in DIRE need of a paint job……….lol……..”@mactacular

I’ll say… it’s the wrong color… where is the orange to go with that black?!

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Hey, A bikes a bike and its not like it is ugly or somthing. It might not be the fastest or best handling, But I think the Katana is a very “sport” minded “sport tourer” On longer rides It may start to show advantages over the Pure sport bikes by being less cramped in close. And the motor is just a slightly detuned GSXR mill, so what it may lack in brute power it should make up for in dependability…… you could do a lot worse for a first bike, thats for sure. It could be a Buell Blast, or one of those Baja 250’s from PEP Boys……. 8-O

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

That’s a good starter bike, but still not a Honda! I’m not a fan of Katana anything, but for $2,500 and for a first bike, it’s a solid buy. Glad you got someone to ride around and win more motorcycle picture contests with.

Profile photo of crash
    crash
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Definitely a good choice! Tell him congrats for us and to get pics up as soon as possible!! lol

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.