My Dream Car…what's yours?

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse My Dream Car…what's yours?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cbrtom cbrtom 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Ever since I was a child it has always been the Lamborghini Miura … ever since I first watched The Italian Job with my dad many years ago…

It’s that pure classic 60’s, 70’s supercar shape, and oh my, that sound…

I found a nice HD version of the Intro to The Italian Job, oh my, just watching that car drive as the music comes in and that loud gearchange at 15 secs, ohhhh, ohhh, ohhhh!!!, it just does things to me… tingly things…

So many people go down the buy a Porsche or Ferrari route if rich, for me it would have to be a classic Miura for high days and holidays, and a nice easy everyday car :-)
    I might even keep my little black sporty hatchback, it’s lovely, and sweet, afterall what else would I really need with a Miura and several bikes in the garage to polish and have fun with :-)

So, what would you have if money were no object?

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Oh, and two very English cars at 2.18s an old Austin A40 and a Mk1 Mini :-)

They don’t make cars like this, films like this, intros like this or most sadly car engines that sound like this anymore….

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Profile photo of dtone
    dtone
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I have a couple of dream cars, 70s supercar would have to be an Alfa Romeo Montreal, similar to the Miura, and yes it would have to be red 😍

Then a Porsche 928S, have loved these since I was a kid 😀

Finally something a bit more modern a BMW Z3M a really stunning drivers car :-) Not that I have driven one, let alone either of the others, just going off reviews :-)

Profile photo of woo545
    woo545
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Although I wouldn’t mind having a Porsche 911 or a Maclaren. With honesty, I’d probably be just at home with a Nissan 370Z. I also would like a Tesla and solar panels on my roof.

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

When I was a kid, I liked the Lamborghini Countach. It was fast and futuristic for the time.
    As I matured, the Acura NSX was what caught my eye. Looked gret, fast, and fairly affordable for the amount of car you got for the money.

Now that I’m old, and have made a career of cars, I hate them… I hate them all. The really do nothing for me other than put bread on my table. If I could choose to go somewhere in any car out there, I wouldn’t. I’d take a motorcycle!

But I have given thought from time to time of restoring a 1930’s tow truck, or a 1950’s (or 60’s) bus….

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’ve always loved the ’63 corvette stingray

For bike is a ’49 Indian w/ matching sidecar

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

The Miura is my favorite, then the 427 Cobra.

My Corvette has similar lines to the Miura and about 150 more horsepower. This pic is when I was picking it up from the paint shop after getting the long L88 hood on it.
    I love the long hood line and short deck of the vette and Miura.

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

A 78 Pinto hatch back with a trash bag in the passenger side window frame cuss the glass is busted out…… I can pay cash for that, and sleep like a baby at night!!!! :lol:

Profile photo of 94f2-08rr
    94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

One single car? I would have to pick only one? I have always wanted a Pontiac GTO Judge. Also, a first or second generation Corvette would be nice to cruise the strip. But, what I would really like to have is this: a 1980 automatic v6 Camaro… why? Because this car right here was my first car. I still have it today. I would love to have it totally restored. I am need to sell her, but I am too attached. I know as soon as she is gone, I’ll cry and regret it for a long time.

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@74demon i sold my 63 VW Bus a few years ago and regret it almost daily. I had everything excpet the bodywork finished. For those who dont know, 63 was a split year and I had the earlier of the two with the small rear window. It was a Kombi and had a custom interior with a full futon that folded into a bed/couch. Full front bench seat and daily driver. I used it to get the crew up to Stevens Pass almost daily for the ski season. Miss it soooo friggin bad. We cannot find one now that i want another. At least one thats not a gagilluon bucks.

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’m gonna change my bike answer… CBX

Profile photo of borderline4laska
    borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Sorry for not being so classical guys, but right now Id take one of these.

youtube.com/borderlinealaska

theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

When they came out with the r33 i was sprung! Then the r34 were nuts! Now the r35 is just stupid dope. Good pick!

@borderline4laska said:
    Sorry for not being so classical guys, but right now Id take one of these.

theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I would have to go with a 356. My dad had one when i was a kid and was my first memory of our cars. It was one of the first cars we worked on together. It was skyblue and i just felt like royalty when we cruised together. Great memories! I got into classic VW’s after that since I couldn’t afford a Porsche lol. My first was a 65 drop top then a 69 slammed with all the show car trimmings and finally into my 63 kombi.

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

And, from one extreme to the other … I’m not sure why I love this car so much, it is more than the fact my father owned one when I was very small, more than the family holidays we had in it.

I just remmember when my dad first brought it home and I just thought, how very lovely, just how very lovely…

I think if I was wealthy, then yes, in my garage next to the Miura would be this Vauxhall Victor FB :-)

Yes, just a very sweet old car…

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@theredrocket, those old buses were cool. I used to cruise around with my buddy in one going from rink to rink trying to get as much hockey in each day. Great times with fond memories. That’s what those buses were best for. Driving them, you knew you were in a pos that might catch fire….

But the bus I want to restore would be an old city bus. You don’t see those everyday.

Profile photo of cbrtom
    cbrtom
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Definetely going to have to be a 67′ Shelby GT500. Always have been a Mustang guy!

1999 CBR 600 F4 - Rocket Red is her name!

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Mine is a 1969 Camaro Convertible. I have one that’s in need of a full resto. It’s a long story, but when my parents divorced it was given to me. My dad had just started a a full resto when I got it. Now that I’m older and have kids of my own I’d love to finish her up. I want to do a complete suspension and break overhaul with modern components and a LS3 swap. Here’s what I picture…

Profile photo of cbrtom
    cbrtom
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

That would be very slick! ^^ I’m a Ford guy, but nothing wrong with a nice old Chevy! Especially Camaro Convertibles!

1999 CBR 600 F4 - Rocket Red is her name!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.