Need Advice please!

RideCBR.com Forums General Tech Discussions Need Advice please!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of saturnv saturnv 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Training Wheels

delete thanks

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Does your mechanic think it’s unsafe? He got to look at the bike, so he could tell you more accurately than anyone.

What is your objective? Do you want to return it or keep it a repair it?

Private sales are usually as is, unless you can prove that they knowingly gave you wrong information. Being this was a dealer, they should have a certain amount of days in which you can have buyers remorse and return it. Check local laws in Texas about it. The only other thing you can do is take them to court and try to get a judge to make them refund your money and take it back, or repair it for you.

If it’s repairable and your stuck with it, you could always fix it and at least have a bike. Unless it’s cheaper to buy another and keep it for spare parts or sell it off cheap/part it out.

Sorry you got screwed, but I’m sure you know where you went wrong how you could have protected yourself better. It happens…. Too often. Live and learn.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Training Wheels

removed

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

If the dealer will take it back, give it back. Put it in the back of a pick-up truck and drive it to him. Even if it costs you the extra $500, It would be a $1000 lesson rather than a $4400 one

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Training Wheels

removed

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

The offer to take it back won’t be on the table long.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Training Wheels

removed

Profile photo of kewlbreeze
    kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome to ridecbr. That sounds awful to be excited about getting a new (new to you) bike and ending up going through all that. I agree that if they will take it back that would be my number 1 option. However, and I hate to throw more negativity on an already negative situation, my concern would be that if this dealer is very shady (and it definitely sounds like they are) even if they “agree” to take it back (even with a loss on the shipping) they may not pay you after they receive the bike even if you get it in writing because they know you would have to drive all the way out their to sue them in small claims court which wouldn’t be worth it. Usually that would be very unlikely but this dealer seems to have proven they are not very scrupulous so I wouldn’t put it past them. Has the tag & title been transferred to your name yet? Not that it makes a whole lot of difference but it’s still one step better if it has. You said “just bought” so I wasn’t sure how recent.

It’s a no win situation but my suggestion is if you know 100% you will have money in-hand when the bike is returned then do it but otherwise, if you have any doubts, I would just sell it at a loss and call it a lesson learned. The reason I say that is because you’ve already been hit by a bad purchase but if you return it and have problems collecting payment from the dealer you’ll be doubly hit and in an even worse situation.

Hope it all works out for you. Keep us posted.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Training Wheels

removed

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

WTF happened to this guy and the thread?

Profile photo of kewlbreeze
    kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Dunno. That’s very weird.

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Must be the Invisible Man lol

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.