New biker, New CBR..and I want friends alike lol

RideCBR.com Forums New Member Introductions New biker, New CBR..and I want friends alike lol

This topic contains 61 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of emcue emcue 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #58449
    Profile photo of emcue
    emcue
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular
    Points: 1,254

    What’s up everyone!

    I’ve always wanted to ride, but for whatever reason never did. So earlier this year I said WTH and bought myself a 2013 CBR250R and learned how to ride :rockon: I want to add I’ve never gotten on a bike before I bought it, not even as a passenger. I fall in love every time more and more. I’m from Worcester, MA.

    So I find it hard to talk to my current friends (who aren’t bikers) about that biker life lol. And so I figured um, I should just join this forum right hea and get new friends lol. So HI!

    I do get a lot of people trying to knock my bike cuz it’s “only a 250” but I’m still learning and I love my 250. I believe she loves me back so it’s all good!

    8)

    I haven’t really done anything to the bike, except lower it cuz I’m only 5’0 and had an adjustable kickstand installed. But I do plan on customizing it some more…just not sure what and how. Another reason why I joined…

    #58450
    Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru
    Points: 56,082

    Hello.
    Nothing wrong with a 250. They race them too you know….What do your non rider friends know anyway? You are enjoying your life on 2 wheels, and they’re not!

    Be safe out there.

    #58451
    Profile photo of 94f2-08rr
    94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru
    Points: 18,450

    Hello and welcome @emcue. That is a nice looking bike! This is my two cents on bike size. Anyone can ride a 1,000cc or 600cc bike fast. Those little 250’ss are a blast to ride. When I took the ABATE course, we were given either 250’s or 125’s. I had about three years riding experience on my ’94 600F2. I had an absolute blast riding my little 125. I was in the market for a new bike and seriously considered buying a smaller bike. My analogy to others: a gasoline powered bicycle, easy to ride and more importantly FUN to ride.

    #58452
    Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru
    Points: 25,515

    Hello and welcome :hi:

    Just remember friends are just your friends and not you… Do what you wanna do; love it… And hey! They are still your friends… smilerider.bmp

    Also nice lookin ride!!!

    #58453
    Profile photo of emcue
    emcue
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular
    Points: 1,254

    Thanks guys! I love my bike. Even if it is a 250. But you know what, most of the time the ones that try to downplay the awesomeness of my bike, are guys who either don’t ride or don’t have a bike at all. So no worries here!

    I do love my friends lol, I just need to add to my repertoire! :drunk:

    Thanks for the love on my bike!

    #58467
    Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru
    Points: 127,337

    Welcome to RideCBR @emcue

    Don’t be ashamed of your 250. Real riders will respect your decision more than other people. Starting out on a comfortable bike that isn’t overpowered for your skill level was a great decision. Learn slow, then move up.

    #58469
    Profile photo of emcue
    emcue
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular
    Points: 1,254

    @admin said:
    Welcome to RideCBR @emcue

    Don’t be ashamed of your 250. Real riders will respect your decision more than other people. Starting out on a comfortable bike that isn’t overpowered for your skill level was a great decision. Learn slow, then move up.

    I agree! Thanks for the love!

    #58471
    Profile photo of twowheel16
    twowheel16
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels
    Points: 155

    Nice bike. As far as customizing I guess that depends on your budget. But there’s lots of “add ons” that will make your bike feel more like unique. Fender eliminator, windscreen, axe the mirrors or get a different shape of mirror, maybe with the integrated lights. Brake/clutch levers…. the list goes one. And obviously the more you have to spend the more unique it can be. But if you don’t plan on keeping it long I wouldn’t put too much into it. Just opinion

    #58476
    Profile photo of emcue
    emcue
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular
    Points: 1,254

    @twowheel16 said:
    Nice bike. As far as customizing I guess that depends on your budget. But there’s lots of “add ons” that will make your bike feel more like unique. Fender eliminator, windscreen, axe the mirrors or get a different shape of mirror, maybe with the integrated lights. Brake/clutch levers…. the list goes one. And obviously the more you have to spend the more unique it can be. But if you don’t plan on keeping it long I wouldn’t put too much into it. Just opinion

    Thanks, I actually got a slip on exhaust for it because the bike is really quiet and for safety reasons I want to be heard when I’m coming down the street. And obviously for looks also. Just waiting to get it in the mail

    I want to get the mirrors with the turn signals on it, but the only ones I’ve found are the ones that go on the grips? And I dunno how I feel about those…Any suggestions?

    #58477
    Profile photo of emcue
    emcue
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular
    Points: 1,254

    Bobbing the fender is next on my list lol

    #58506
    Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels
    Points: 13,417

    Its smart to start on a 250, it teaches you good habits and it will always be fun. Since it’s your first bike you probably don’t even know what sort of riding you like. You may find that you are not a sportbike guy and down the road you’ll want a chopper. Point being, everyone loves the 250, if you find yourself one day riding a full dressed harley softail bobber heritage classic fat boy screaming eagle night train vrod 48 ape hung sissy barred forward controlled raked out chopper you’ll be glad you got that 250 at home.

    #58507
    Profile photo of emcue
    emcue
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular
    Points: 1,254

    @fishfryer said:
    Its smart to start on a 250, it teaches you good habits and it will always be fun. Since it’s your first bike you probably don’t even know what sort of riding you like. You may find that you are not a sportbike guy and down the road you’ll want a chopper. Point being, everyone loves the 250, if you find yourself one day riding a full dressed harley softail bobber heritage classic fat boy screaming eagle night train vrod 48 ape hung sissy barred forward controlled raked out chopper you’ll be glad you got that 250 at home.

    Lolll!! Thanks. I actually learned on a 250 Nighthawk, I guess that’s considered a cruiser? I had fun on both but I think I might consider myself more of a sportbike gal* lol. But who knows, maybe someday I’ll be cruisin’ thru New England on a Chopper :socool:

    #58512
    Profile photo of 01cbr600f4i
    01cbr600f4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular
    Points: 1,828

    Welcome! What a great looking machine too! That exhaust is going to look really good installed as well.

    #58518
    Profile photo of emcue
    emcue
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular
    Points: 1,254

    @01CBR600F4i said:
    Welcome! What a great looking machine too! That exhaust is going to look really good installed as well.

    Thanks! I will def post up pictures once I get it installed.

    #58555
    Profile photo of 94f2-08rr
    94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru
    Points: 18,450

    Sooo @emcue, that exhaust arrive in the mail yet? Not that I am impatient… just anxious to see your build start. :-D

    #58556
    Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru
    Points: 20,857

    @emcue

    Welcome to the biker scene, you picked a good forum to join. There is nothing wrong with a 250 I own 1 myself a 2012 non ABS model. I have a blast when I ride it. Its no where as fast as my 1000, but I find myself usually with a bigger smile under my helmet when im going through the twisties and catching up to my friends on bigger bikes once we really start getting into the turns. The bike is very light very easy to handle and lean in the corners. The suspension is crap however I am 6’2″ and 110 kilos, but its still fun as hell to ride. As far as customizing it thats up to you and your budget. If you dont have yet I would suggest riding gear, anything is better then nothing. Also an MSF course for beginners.

    My full custom 250

    2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

    #58584
    Profile photo of emcue
    emcue
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular
    Points: 1,254

    @94F2-08RR said:
    Sooo @emcue, that exhaust arrive in the mail yet? Not that I am impatient… just anxious to see your build start. :-D

    I’m just as anxious! lol! Not yet tho….

    #58587
    Profile photo of emcue
    emcue
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular
    Points: 1,254

    @SDM1, What a nice lookin piece of machine! Puts mines to shame haha. At 6’2 it must be like a bicycle to you.

    How come you haven’t bob’d the fender?

    #58589
    Profile photo of seahorsesylv
    seahorsesylv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict
    Points: 6,686

    Yah another girl rider!! Can’t ever have enough of those around here………I’m sure the guys will all agree on that. Nice looking bike! 250 is a fabulous bike to start on. Gain your confidence and decide what you want to do a year or two down the road once you have lots of miles under your belt. The 600’s are great as well but the newer ones do tend to be “tall” for those of us that are only 5′. Enjoy your 2 wheels and be safe.

    #58590
    Profile photo of emcue
    emcue
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular
    Points: 1,254

    @seahorsesylv said:
    Yah another girl rider!! Can’t ever have enough of those around here………I’m sure the guys will all agree on that. Nice looking bike! 250 is a fabulous bike to start on. Gain your confidence and decide what you want to do a year or two down the road once you have lots of miles under your belt. The 600’s are great as well but the newer ones do tend to be “tall” for those of us that are only 5′. Enjoy your 2 wheels and be safe.

    Thanks!! Pretty much every rider (real rider) I’ve come across says the same thing, to get myself a 600 next yr or so. Once I am comfortable and confident. My 250 is lowered and I’m still a lil bit on my tippies lol. But I’ve seen small girls riding Hayabusa’s so i have hope that one day I’ll manage a 600 well haha

    #58592
    Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru
    Points: 13,128

    @emcue Thing to remember(and point out) the 250 is enough bike to get you killed, just like any 600 or 1000 (or bigger). Although I dont always practice what I preach, Gear is survival….wear it! The 250 is an awesome little sipper. Before kids my wife and I considered a 250 for her. My plan all along was to ride hers to work all week since she would have only ridden with me any way(not much on lone ridding). But then kids happened(it was the greatest blessing) and she decided against it. I get the same thing all the time from kids(Im 40) with 250’s, “Ill have a real bike like that Yours one day” I reply…..You already do!

    Mods start in your mind and the sky is the limit, while My bike is heavily Moded, It mostly cosmetic. If you can dream it you can do it. It just takes planning and patience. Welcome to the best little place on the web, glad to have you!

    #58601
    Profile photo of emcue
    emcue
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular
    Points: 1,254

    @hubbard2a said:
    @emcue Thing to remember(and point out) the 250 is enough bike to get you killed, just like any 600 or 1000 (or bigger). Although I dont always practice what I preach, Gear is survival….wear it! The 250 is an awesome little sipper. Before kids my wife and I considered a 250 for her. My plan all along was to ride hers to work all week since she would have only ridden with me any way(not much on lone ridding). But then kids happened(it was the greatest blessing) and she decided against it. I get the same thing all the time from kids(Im 40) with 250’s, “Ill have a real bike like that Yours one day” I reply…..You already do!

    Mods start in your mind and the sky is the limit, while My bike is heavily Moded, It mostly cosmetic. If you can dream it you can do it. It just takes planning and patience. Welcome to the best little place on the web, glad to have you!

    I have been trying to find some good riding gear, but I’m a very tiny lady so all the riding gear I’ve tried have all been too big on me. I am very careful on it tho for that reason, cuz I don’t have riding gear other than a leather jacket and my helmet.

    I do have ideas of what I want to do to it. I just have a hard time knowing what things are called, which brands are best and where I can find em. Also what’s a good idea and what isn’t ha. But I’m sure you guys will help guide me!

    #58603
    Profile photo of 94f2-08rr
    94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru
    Points: 18,450

    @emcue – be sure when you start your modifications, to create a build thread. Now, if only that postman would get there.

    As far as gear, it has been so long since I bought women’s clothing that… Oh wait, wrong forum. I’ll ask someone I know where she bought/buys her gear. I think she is 4’11”.

    Everyone here is a great help. So far, they have been nothing but helpful to me. They all know their stuff. Gear, mechanical, technical and specifications, and the knowledge of where to find things. It amazes me. If you need help, just ask.

    #58606
    Profile photo of emcue
    emcue
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular
    Points: 1,254

    @94F2-08RR said:
    @emcue – be sure when you start your modifications, to create a build thread. Now, if only that postman would get there.

    As far as gear, it has been so long since I bought women’s clothing that… Oh wait, wrong forum. I’ll ask someone I know where she bought/buys her gear. I think she is 4’11”.

    Everyone here is a great help. So far, they have been nothing but helpful to me. They all know their stuff. Gear, mechanical, technical and specifications, and the knowledge of where to find things. It amazes me. If you need help, just ask.

    Everyone has been great so far. I’m liking it here lol.

    How do I create a build thread? Like, do I have to post step by step? Or before/after pix? Pardon my ignorance bruh :-)

    And yessss, please let me know where I could find good riding gear that fits lol. I’m 5′ and very thin. I would gladly appreciate it.

    #58616
    Profile photo of richard954
    richard954
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie
    Points: 455

    Welcome to the forum

    #58618
    Profile photo of roqet
    roqet
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict
    Points: 8,449

    Welcome!!

    #58620
    Profile photo of emcue
    emcue
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular
    Points: 1,254

    @richard954, @roqet, thanks guys!

    #58623
    Profile photo of 94f2-08rr
    94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru
    Points: 18,450

    @emcue – Click on the “Forums” tab, and select “Forum Index.” If you scroll down, you will see “Member’s Builds.”

    Here are her emails:

    Oh, what kind of things is she looking for? I got my jackets from Germany, but I have a small 36 alpinestar vika jacket that I might be selling and TCX short boots. I also bought Draggin’ jeans from Australia. Of course I had to alter the length on those. Dainese jacket seems to fit good too

    _______________________________________

    Yeah online. The boots I always use is alpinestars smx 2. It’s men’s boots but I normally wear women’s size 5-5.5 but the boots is size 38 which is almost like woman’s size 7 and added double insole inside so it doesn’t feel too big. Then when I come to stop, I can use my toe.

    I used to use fox off road gloves with carbon knuckles but now I use alpinestars one.

    I also got some shift jeans with Kevlar. This one stretches too it’s like blue jeans and just because I like black, I wear draggin’ jeans one more often.
    ========================================

    I asked if she bought online, but she didn’t say from where. Hopefully, the sizes and brands will be of some assistance.

    #58628
    Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru
    Points: 22,470

    Welcome to the show . Sweet 250 .

    #58631
    Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru
    Points: 29,288

    Welcome @emcue :-)

    I love the 250 CBR’s … I have no problem with small bikes or big bikes, I love them all and I don’t think men or women, girls or boys, should have to prove anything on a bike … it’s enough to just ride, have fun and stay safe!! :-)

    Take care out there!!

    Jules

    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.