New Honda Bulldog Concept

RideCBR.com Forums Sportbike Pictures & Videos New Honda Bulldog Concept

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of raw1 raw1 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

New concept from Honda.. The Honda Bulldog Concept.

Thoughts?

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

WTF?!? Looks like an oversized, overweight mx with a chainsaw case for a fuel tank. I know it’s supposed to be a camping touring concept but I just don’t like it. My feelings are based off first impressions and photos. Maybe if I were able to get my hands on one I might think differently. But I don’t like the looks personally.

Profile photo of kewlbreeze
    kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I know bulldogs don’t have the prettiest mug in the world but that’s still offensive to bulldogs. I’d still ride it though, looks kinda indestructible.

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@kewlbreeze the squared off seat doesn’t seem comfortable to me though. I would love to demo it and punish it to see its potential. It has a really low seat height(28 3/4″) that I would benefit from. But would want more than 399cc’s to play with. Just seems like it would be a bit heavy and sluggish.

Profile photo of kewlbreeze
    kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@theredrocket Other than an FJR I rode once I have yet to sit on a bike that I thought had comfortable OEM seat so I don’t even pay attention to that anymore and gave up. Didn’t notice it was only 47 hp, 400 cc twin-cylinder though. Yeah, it would just have to serve as a commuter. Although, 93 mpg is pretty impressive. Article I read said parts for it would be expensive here so CB500 would make more practical sense .. albeit a boring choice compared to this one.

Also from same article:
    “If this bike does appear outside Japan, it will almost certainly be in 500 cc form, and it makes a lot of sense as a workhorse for the masses, let alone an adventure tourer capable of going long distances in dealer-sparse environments.”

It didn’t mention anything about weight though.

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I could appreciate it’s qualities…but I could never, ever love it!!

Jules

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Profile photo of dtone
    dtone
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

What has happened to Honda of late, they seem to have lost the plot, making a series of under powered bikes.

The CB650 with only 86bhp

The new Africa Twin 1000 with only 96 bhp.

A Fireblade that has been around for what 6 years with virtually no changes and has been left miles behind.

The rather dodgy Vultus and this bizarre creation.

What happened to the cutting edge thinking that brought us the Cbr600 and the first Fireblade.

They have been left behind.

Profile photo of raw1
    raw1
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Looks like a cool, service road , trail bike !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.