New Rider in Maine.

RideCBR.com Forums New Member Introductions New Rider in Maine.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of fishfryer fishfryer 12 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rusticcreations
    rusticcreations
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Hello everyone, just thought I’d introduce myself, new Rider from maine, just picked up a 96 cbr 600 f3 for $500 runs and drives good but previous owner was a moron and cut the seat, removed the fairings, and put a stunt cage on it. Also he half destroyed the wiring harness to install new blinkers n headlights.

I’ve been riding it as is and once it get a Lil bit colder I plan to do some serious work to it, including but not limited to, replace the wiring harness, put a new seat and fairings on it, adjust the valves, possibly sandblast and paint the frame, and do a ton more to get it back to almost stock.

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

welcome!

my 1st bike was a 94 f2 and the guy before me chopped of the headlight plug to mount a pair of blue oval foglights, and had a set of racing fairings that didn’t even fit the bike well..I put it back to stock with used oem plastic. . .took about a year to get it back to stock. . .good luck!

Profile photo of rusticcreations
    rusticcreations
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Thanks, I know it will be a decent amount of work but I like the bike and not scared of the work.

Also previous owner cut the seat in half and called it an f4 seat lol, I was like really….

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I was fortunate to get a full stock seat, lol. . the only mechanical part I had to replace was the water pump.

Profile photo of borderline4laska
    borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@rusticcreations welcome! The F3 is a great bike. I had one for 7 months and put 17k miles on it. A great bike and had a lot of fun on it.

Cheers to making her a beauty again! Keep us updated with your progress :)

youtube.com/borderlinealaska

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Rustic,

Welcome. Don’t worry too much about cosmetics. Make the bike reliable and safe, chances are if you are new, you will probably scuff it up a little.

Have fun.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.