New to the board

RideCBR.com Forums New Member Introductions New to the board

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of 94f2-08rr 94f2-08rr 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gandhimangler
    gandhimangler
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Hi everyone. I want to say thank you for accepting me here in the board. I have a 2012 CBR250R. I want to get a new model this coming end of the year or on the first week of january and I’m looking for a useful information that can help me to pick the best model and I want to know their experience too when it comes to the model of the bike that they will recommend for me.

Profile photo of borderline4laska
    borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@gandhimangler Welcome! And any CBR will do! :) What would you like to know? The 01-06 cbr 600 F4is were great bikes. I had a couple. The 600rrs are all great also! I love mine. :)

youtube.com/borderlinealaska

Profile photo of borderline4laska
    borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I had an F2 and F3 also and put a lot of miles on them. great bikes!

youtube.com/borderlinealaska

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I started with a 94f2 and now have an 04 F4i, both 600s. . .I only have experience with the F series CBRs, but they are awesome all around bikes. . with some minor comfort mods they are even comfortable for long distance rides. . longest day trip I’ve done on my F4i so far has been 330 miles. .mine has a few mods, mostly exterior

Profile photo of gandhimangler
    gandhimangler
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Wow, those look neat. I like the combination of black and red. Though I’m not planning to abandon my current cbr, I’m thinking about going for a 600 or something crazier. Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome.

Profile photo of lemarck234
    lemarck234
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

If you’re not looking for all the electronics, the F4 is perfect. The comfort level is almost as high as the fun factor. I’ve put on 400 miles in a day with a smile on my face. I can’t make any comparisons, as my 99′ F4 is my first bike.But as long as it says CBR, you’re in the right neighborhood.

Welcome to the group!

JeanLemarck - Survival of the Squiddest

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

the blue bike is an 04 ST 1300. . great all around ride. . .Its an awesome mile muncher, eats highway and mountain roads alike. . .I did a 7 hour ride on it and no aches or pains. .nice to be able to run almost 300 miles between gas stops too. . .my F4i can get around 160 miles between stops

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Hi & Welcome :)

Yes a 600 would be a good upgrade from your 250 but as @nueyf41 implies, if you want a comfortable riding position for longer trips then upright handlebars are easier on the posture / more ergonomic than the dropped bars of sportsbikes. Assuming you’re in the U.S. do they sell the CBR650F over there? That’s available here (U.K.) and it’s a great bike – good compromise between sports & road machine, though even that has fairly low bars… And it’s an inline 4 engine, smooth as silk and sporty enough but not as crazy as an RR!

My bikes are an old (’97) CBR600F3 and a CBF1000 so I’ve got a choice of sports or sports/touring – pics below:

Profile photo of 94f2-08rr
    94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@gandhimangler – welcome to the group. I have both a 1994 CBR600F2 and a 2008 CBR600RR. They are both fun. The performance really cannot be compared; as the F2 is powered through carburetors, whereas the RR is fuel injected and weighs less. I don’t feel like giving an opinion and comparison between the two is fair and amounts to much.

My best advice to you. Ride the wheels off that 250. Enjoy it while you have it. Before I bought the ’08, I seriously considered downsizing to a 250.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.