Newbie to Forum

RideCBR.com Forums New Member Introductions Newbie to Forum

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bambam bambam 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ysbytymike
    ysbytymike
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Hi there, I’m based from Wales in the UK. I’ve been a Professional Photographer my whole life. I’ve now retired (2011), so have more time to do the things I enjoy as opposed to having to please someone else all the time. I currently have three bikes two of which are Honda xrv750 (RD04 and RD07a) as well as a classic British bike. Before the XRV’s I owned a 2001 Fireblade. I believe it was the last of the longer framed machines before they began making them smaller. I’m afraid I did pick up 6 points on my licence with that bike as its almost impossible to keep it under the speed limits on some of the roads in the UK (20/30mph). That bike’s just very difficult to ride at those speeds.
    Enjoy conversation everything biking related.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Hey @ysbytymike – Welcome to RideCBR. Glad you found us and joined up. We’re all pic junkies so if you have any pics of your bike post them here too. If you have any questions about how the site works or how to do anything, mention me by writing @admin almost anywhere and I will get an alert.

Ride Safe,
    George

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome to rideCBR. . .

Profile photo of roqet
    roqet
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Welcome!

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Hi @ysbytymike welcome aboard!
    I’m also from UK (Harrow, Middx) – know what you mean about the speed limits… Got an old CBR600 F3 and it’s not that easy to read the speedo as it’s marked every 20mph so the difference between say 60 and 100 not that big a jump! Specially with the rapid acceleration of these machines – if mines like that I can imagine how fast a Fireblade is; they take off like fighter jets don’t they?!

What Brit bike have you got? Not a Brough superior LOL

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome from the Philippines, have fun post pics

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome Mike , bring us some pics of those bikes!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.