Nice Bike, right?

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse Nice Bike, right?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of hubbard2a hubbard2a 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

The NEW Honda CB1000R … 8)

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/range/street/cb1000r/overview.html

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I guess. Not My style, but I wouldn’t kick it out of bed….

Profile photo of kewlbreeze
    kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Maybe it’s just me but it seems like aesthetically and otherwise 80’s bikes vs. 70’s bike where night and day difference. Same for 90’s vs. 80’s and 00’s vs. 90’s but it seems like past decade and a half there is hardly any significant difference at least aesthetically. Most of them look almost the same to me without much improvement … just much higher prices.

I think this is further evidenced that I still get compliments on my 2002 bike esp. from people who don’t know much about bikes and don’t know if it’s a 3 year old bike or whatever. That shouldn’t be the case for a 16 year old bike unless you just like retro styling but the compliments I get are not from those who are into retro bikes so something is off.

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@kewlbreeze said:
    Maybe it’s just me but it seems like aesthetically and otherwise 80’s bikes vs. 70’s bike where night and day difference. Same for 90’s vs. 80’s and 00’s vs. 90’s but it seems like past decade and a half there is hardly any significant difference at least aesthetically. Most of them look almost the same to me without much improvement … just much higher prices.

I think this is further evidenced that I still get compliments on my 2002 bike esp. from people who don’t know much about bikes and don’t know if it’s a 3 year old bike or whatever. That shouldn’t be the case for a 16 year old bike unless you just like retro styling but the compliments I get are not from those who are into retro bikes so something is off.

Great point. And come to think of it, I get people that think my 17 year old 929 is a brand new bike or just a few years old all the time too. Since the 929 badges have been removed, it takes someone that knows these bikes to even tell what it is.

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@74demon said:
    I guess. Not My style, but I wouldn’t kick it out of bed….

I think it looks much better in the flesh, I prefer the round headlight too over the old one’s gas mask style appearance.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@kewlbreeze said:

I’ve noticed this too, with bikes and cars.

Take my 600RR I bought in 09, it was created in 07 the new RR model, light faster etc.

Then in 2013 came a new model which I didn’t think looked as good … in fact still prefer my older model … Now the CBR600 is history. People think my bike is still some futuristic modern race rep.

Cars, too … you could tell each decades cars from their style. 70’s cars versus 80’s cars etc.

There seemed to be progress and identity right through to about 2005/6/7 then everyhting just seems more of the same.

I watch old Top Gear and think the new Audi they’re testing or whatever looks good then realise it’s an old show from 2006, 12 years ago.

They may have got more gadgety beneath the surface … but I just don’t see the progress like you once used to every few years.

In fact it’s like they’ve run out of new designs and some seem to go backwards and ugly compared to an earlier model.

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’m not sure why, but I’ve never been a fan of the naked bike styling. . But to each his own. . .

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I think a lot of the draw now is nastalgia…. I remember back in the early 90s drooling over a brand new CB1000…. and that same look on a new bike calls me back to the memories of the old one. Much like the retro muscle car theme we are going through now here in the states.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.