NOT a cbr but me in my irresponsible days

RideCBR.com Forums Sportbike Pictures & Videos NOT a cbr but me in my irresponsible days

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of admin admin 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of broccoli2
    broccoli2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Splitting lanes on the 749

Passing a cop on a bike on the 749

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I got pulled with 8 tickets in 1 stop for lane splitting in NC.

broccoli2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Totally legal here in CA,,, i did get a ticket for passing a cop on a bike that was splitting.. He wrote me for crossing a double yellow although I fallowed him for 5 miles with him doing the same thing… He was so pissed he took my key from me… I even told him I was in the wrong and I had no problem getting a ticket… It’s his job. i don’t have a prob with it

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I don’t either. If i’m wrong. I was in a construction site area, 4 bikes split, my bike was hot as hell, and I went through. Couldn’t wait anymore, had shit to do, lol. He tried to pull me between traffic, i took the exit and he wasn’t behind me, figured he left. 2 miles later the roadblock they set up on the off ramp to my university was for me lol

Evading police and suicidal intent aren’t good on the ol’ record.

broccoli2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Suicidal intent??? What, did they just make that up… If you were suicidal you would have seen the road block and pinned it…. :mrgreen:
    Ah well, I guess this is what you call learning a lesson

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I had an awesome lawyer, didn’t pay a fine, no tickets on my record, and no points. Didn’t even do community service. 4 hour driving class for cages. Slept through it.. Seriously.

He said he clocked me at 120, I didn’t go over 90 once that day, but he “estimated”. Over 100 is suicidal intent in traffic. Stupid caged cops. lol

Profile photo of steria
    steria
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

How many states allow lane splitting?

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

LOL…how illegal is lane splittiing in GA? cause i do it ALL the time…got pulled over for it once but nothing happened..hahaha..

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I can’t speak for anywhere else that i’ve lived because I never got caught, except for North Carolina. According to what the judge told my lawyer, it’s punishible by a 12 month full car & motorcycle license suspension, a $1,000 fine, and community service hours. Thank god my lawyer was one of the best in North Carolina, I got away with 8 tickets which have all been removed from my record. I hope that it’s not enforced to that extent anywhere, but who knows.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Found this for Georgia:

40-6-312
    (b) The operator of a motorcycle shall not overtake and pass in the same lane occupied by the vehicle being overtaken.
    (c) No person shall operate a motorcycle between lanes of traffic or between adjacent lines or rows of vehicles.

Definately illegal (C), but no idea the penalty if you get a pissed off anti-sportbike harley riding cop.

Profile photo of steria
    steria
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Be careful if doing this. If ONE car changes lane on you, you’ll feel it (hard).

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I had a stupid bitch woman pass me when I was on my bike getting onto the interstate when we were on the ON RAMP! like holy fuck! are you kidding me?! a single lane ON RAMP! and she passed me in the same lane…I was SOOOO pissed…so I sped up right past her and got in front of her, found a nice slow moving car in the lane next to me and just kept pace with him for a good 15 miles! sure she was happy! ;)

Profile photo of steria
    steria
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Be careful around cars; that’s the #1 rules. You are tiny and very vulnerable compared to that big chunk of metal.

broccoli2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

WOW, Mac…. and my wife calls me crazy…

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I was riding with a crew of 7-8 guys. A redneck truck pulls from the on ramp, across 4 lanes, and clips the back tire of one of my friend’s bikes. He (somehow) was able to do a wild wobble recovery and didn’t slide it down 95.

We all sped up and surrounded him to see if he was drunk or what.. he started talking shit out the window about how we took over the whole highway (we were all in one lane). Long story short he ended up with a broken driver window when he pulled off the highway. :evil:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.