Official RideCBR.com Project 1000RR Build Thread

RideCBR.com Forums Member Build Threads Official RideCBR.com Project 1000RR Build Thread

This topic contains 45 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of admin admin 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome to the Official Build Thread for the new RideCBR.com 1000rr Build. My bike is going to become the face of RideCBR.com at bike shows, events, charity rides, etc. I have a ridiculous amount of events and shows scheduled to go to this summer (and for the rest of my life), so it will be a great opportunity to hand out RideCBR.com swag and meet new Honda Sportbike Owners.

We have now have a RideCBR.com Project 1000RR Page on the site to list sponsors, contributors, and other information about the bike.. but this will be the official build thread for me to post updates, pictures to drool over, and more.

Feel free to post opinions, questions, etc.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

First of course was finding and buying the bike. Here she is:

The bike came with a Power Commander 3 and Jardine Dual Carbon Fiber Exhaust.. both of which are amazing.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

This alarm is being installed today. Saw @qteter‘s review and post of this alarm and it looked sick, so I ordered one up for the bike. I do almost anything to my bike, but don’t mess with electrical.. so took it into a shop and picking her back up today.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

The bike is being sponsored by several companies on several levels. I’m also buying way too many things on ebay and online stores. Parts are starting to arrive like crazy (UPS and FEDEX guys are becoming familiar faces).

Just got an amazing set of Venhill Lines in a nice blue for the entire bike.. check these bad boys out:

Shout out to Venhill USA for sending these amazing lines over.
    Can’t wait to get them on and review them properly.

A custom headlight, full gloss black fairing set, and tons of carbon parts are on the way as well.

Just got this tank pad too, to match the new fairings when they get here.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Chris from XDcycle.com had his team created the most insane headlight I think I have ever seen for the bike. I can’t wait to review this as well.. just got the tracking number. Should be here by the weekend. Going to wait for fairings to put it on and review it.. but every time I look at the picture, I catch myself staring in awe. Wonder what they will look like at night.

Check them out at XDCycle here.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@admin really good start! I imagine this RideCBR.com bike is going to look like something Icon builds. The tank pad… i would expect something custom like @yanahmean. Maybe the RideCBR logo on it. Can’t wait for the updates!

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

It’ll be a fun project for sure! For the tank pad.. it’s from a sponsor.. and free is for me. Spending too much on the bike as it is!

The alarm is in. It’s absolutely amazing. Two 2-way remotes.. tons of features.. love it. The only issue i’m having is that when you remote start it, it wants to turn over but it doesnt. I wonder if there is a way to extend the remote start option to keep trying to start it.. it needs literally 1 extra second. But then I tried to show it to someone and it turned on beautifully.

The 2-way on the keychain looks fly as hell too.. Cost $80 for the alarm and $200 to install it.
    (I don’t touch electrical shit).

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

When the headlight, fairings, and carbon parts get here, she’ll be back on the lift and have her full makeover. Headlight here within 4 days and fairings are 1-3 weeks out. Can’t wait!

Profile photo of dan5291
    dan5291
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I’m excited to see how this turns out. But not excited to be seen riding with you because then I’ll look wayyyy less cool;(. Seriously, this is going to be awesome!!

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Thanks @dan5291 – For sure we’ll be riding at some point together this summer. Waiting for the rest of the parts and the beast can take shape. Powder coating will be last.. but it will still look sweet without that.

Just got a layout of the carbon pieces being shipped from http://www.NiceCycle.com:

Carbon Fiber Heel Guards

Carbon Fiber Chain Guard

Carbon Fiber Exhaust Heat Shield

Carbon Fiber Water Pump Cover

With the gloss black bodywork and the little carbon and blue bits should look great together.

Profile photo of 01cbr600f4i
    01cbr600f4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Awesome start @admin! I can’t wait to see this develop. Subscribed!

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@admin

Must be nice get a new to you bike and already getting it sponsored am jealous here. Congrats bro good luck with everything

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@admin nice come ups! I have a giant wish list. Too bad I am short cash :( Mortgage, daycare, wifes 4runner payment, saving for 2 daughters collage, down payment for a larger house for a family of 4 and 2 large dogs. Well not much left for my bike. I am truly happy to see your build start to take off. Being the forums bike and all its like we all get to live vicariously through you :gocrazy: Make us proud and keep us posted on your awesome bike!

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@01CBR600F4i said:
    Awesome start @admin! I can’t wait to see this develop. Subscribed!

Thanks! I’m super excited as parts come in.

@SDM1 said:
    @admin

Must be nice get a new to you bike and already getting it sponsored am jealous here. Congrats bro good
    luck with everything

Don’t be jealous.. EVERY SINGLE SPONSOR for the bike so far is doing a $200 – $1000 prize giveaway on RideCBR.com this summer. We have HUGE.. I MEAN HUGE.. contests coming from these sponsors this summer as well. My parts are for the project bike which will get a hell of a lot of exposure but also for a RideCBR Product Review, so win win for everyone. Thanks for the congrats! Super exciting!

@TheRedRocket said:
    @admin nice come ups! I have a giant wish list. Too bad I am short cash :( Mortgage, daycare, wifes 4runner payment, saving for 2 daughters collage, down payment for a larger house for a family of 4 and 2 large dogs. Well not much left for my bike. I am truly happy to see your build start to take off. Being the forums bike and all its like we all get to live vicariously through you :gocrazy: Make us proud and keep us posted on your awesome bike!

I hear you with all the bills.. I have the same thing except for the daycare and kids part, lmao. The bike will be the forum’s bike basically.. already planning over 15 events this summer and talking to Honda America about teaming up with a custom booth!!!! Lots more to come this summer on the site!!

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

http://www.XDCycle.com‘s custom headlight has arrived! It looks F*$#ing SICK!!! Check this bad boy out:

Literally looks like it’s from the future. Can’t wait to get it installed but waiting on fairings before moving to Part 2 of the build!

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I know it’s not even close to being here, but every time a UPS or FEDEX truck drives near the house, I get excited.. lmao. Once the fairings and carbon parts come in.. going to do all of the lines, headlight, fairings, brakes, oil/fluid change, and add all the carbon fiber parts. Then she’ll be taken apart for the powder-coating. Can’t wait!

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Hurry up and get those parts, dying to see the headlights they look bad ass

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Me too. I hooked up power to them and they look absolutely stunning. Waiting on fairings that are in the paint booth as I type this.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Fairings from http://www.SuperBikeFairings.com are out of the paint booth and on the way to me now. I’m officially calling this bike Batman 2.0 after seeing these bad boys. Super jet black paint.. tons of clear coating.. and they look awesome.

Can’t wait to see what they look like when they get here up close.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Shawn absolutely hooked me up with some AMAZING fairings. The paint is incredible. The fairings were packed nicely in a HUGE box and only took a few days to arrive from China. Incredible shipping time. A full review of the fairings will be posted in our new review section (coming shortly) when the review is ready. You can check out their fairings at http://www.superbikefairings.com

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I will be posting more pictures shortly.. they will be much more organized, and there will be MUCH more pictures in the new review section for each product.. as well as a photo gallery. I don’t want to clog up this thread with 200 pictures. I’ll organize them in the gallery on the build page when I have some more time.

Next, as installation of all the fairings. We had a couple of tabs break but I will detail everything in our review. The paint is absolutely stunning and I couldn’t be happier. The review will have more information about the fairings, installation, fitment, paint, etc. These are all basically teaser pics as the bike progresses.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

During the installation of the fairings, I also installed the headlight from Chris at http://www.xdcycle.com – The headlight is amazing as well and so far everyone is completely blown away. I will also be doing a full review of the headlight with MUCH more information and pictures from shipping to installation.. but here are some teaser pics of that process.

Pics are in reverse order..

Everything was fairly straight forward, trying to find place for the wires was fun but not as painful as it looks. The only issue now is the turn signals.. which I can’t get to work, but still troubleshooting with them. I’m sure it’s something that can be fixed, but following the instructions.. didn’t work.. so far. I’ll post everything in more detail in the review for everyone. Plus a billion other pictures.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Buttoned all of the fairings up.. headlight zip tied and velcro taped into the right places (for now.. I can’t leave anything alone).. and this is how she currently looks. Still a lot to do but I can’t stop riding in this beautiful weather but I also can’t leave her alone and always want to work on a bike.. so we’ll see how this goes in the next few weeks. She sure is purdy now though.

Profile photo of borderline4laska
    borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@admin the bike is sexy! Mid 2000s are my favorite year for the cbrs. Nice to see you got a good start on parts to make her yours. :) youre goig to be like me, both ups and fedex drivers know me by name. I live in a rural area so they have to go a ways to get to me so i try to be extra friendly Lol. So many years of ordering parts they know to come to the garage if im home, or where to drop the package if Im bot. Lol

youtube.com/borderlinealaska

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Got a bunch of Carbon Fiber Parts in from http://www.NiceCycle.com (check them out for Carbon Fiber Parts and Bodywork.. top notch!).

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Before Carbon Fiber:

Closeup shot of a piece before/after:

After Carbon Fiber:

Looks amazing and adds a nice touch to the bike. I will be doing a review of NiceCycle’s Carbon Fiber Products in the near future on RideCBR.. which will have A LOT more pictures and information about the parts.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I will get the swingarm and other pieces powdercoated black.. but it may have to wait a bit. It’s far too nice out and there are far too many events and rides to take her down for more than a day at a time. :-)

I flexidipped (see other thread I posted for more info on that) some parts flat black for the time being. I may flexidip the swingarm too if I have time before the first ride/event/roadtrip this saturday.

I tried to stay away from rub points.. so it doesn’t peel off too quick.

Also added a carbon fiber looking tank pad which you will see in the final pictures (current) in the next post. Flushed the coolant, changed the oil.. new brakes.. it never ends and I love every minute of wrenching on her. I have 200+ photos, videos, etc saved and i’m in the process of doing reviews and finishing the actual project page on the site, but at least you can see how far she’s come in a short period of time.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Now her she is, in all her glory.. finally done (for today, of course).

More to come.. too busy riding in my spare time to write anymore.. ride safe all! Enjoy the weather.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I also (not sure if I mentioned) got some shorty ebay levers in black. They are awesome, fit perfectly, and I couldn’t be happier with the look.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

New blinkers from TST Industries. The blue matches the headlight perfectly and they look insane at night. Also SO much brighter than what the bike had.. I like knowing the people in front of me know i’m turning left.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.