Once upon a long time ago…

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse Once upon a long time ago…

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of juliet juliet 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

There was this quaint picturesque little village called Llanwddyn in North Wales here … a truly beautiful area with great surrounding countryside. The villagers were all very friendly folk and they had a couple of chapels, graveyards, three pubs, a post office and something near forty houses I believe…

Here are some images of it back in the day … I never took these pictures ..lol

Anyway, it was decided that Liverpool needed water and so we built a damn and drowned the village. That is common here … drowned villages under the lakes, sometimes you can still see the ruins standing tall when the waters are low.

And so the houses were demolished and the old village drowned as the waters rose…

Fast forward to today and I get to take pictures of views like this … Lake Vyrnwy … I love coming here and will probably visit there tomorrow on my F3. During the week it is so very peaceful and quiet … I’ll take a small bag with my camera, water and some lunch and I’m off on my own for the day just riding in this fantastic area … biking bliss!! :-)

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

So, I’ve been cleaning and polishing the bike today … checking it all over, adjusting and cleaning the chain, doing the tyre pressures and just generally looking it all over for anything that is loose or could drop off, trust me with me luck you do this all the time!!

The weather forecast is good tomorrow here and so I’m hoping for maybe an early dart and a good day’s riding … although my brother here has insisted I stop for plenty of breaks and to phone him if I get too tired blah blah blah … Look, I’ll be fine!! ..lol

Jules

Profile photo of sahilarora
    sahilarora
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

@juliet amazing photography :) Love the pics!

Profile photo of catamayo85
    catamayo85
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Hi Juliet!

Very nice pics!

Profile photo of borderline4laska
    borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I liked the pics a lot. Kind of sad about the villages though.

I really liked you mentioning the part about packing a lunch and a camera. I like to call that “meditation riding”. :) I need to do more of that rather than the last few years of group “stunt” riding Lol. I seemed to lost touch with made me fall in love with riding motorcycles to begin with, the freedom that can be felt, whereas I sit here hurting with a busted bike, kind of the opposite of freedom Lol

youtube.com/borderlinealaska

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Those pics make me want to go drinking!!!

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

So, obviously I never made it out to Lake Vyrnwy on the F3 … see my storm post ..lol … I will just wait until the weather is a sure thing as that place is stunningly beautiful when the sun shines, the lake so blue and the surrounding countryside always so lush. I’d like to get some good shots of the F3 around the lake … those of the 600RR are from 2009, the first year I owned her when we just seemed to have wall to wall sunshine every day for the whole of that summer … I honestly don’t think the wheels stopped turning on my RR during that year … it was just, you know, one of those years, a happy year for me and that’s when I take better pictures :-)

Jules

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.