One of my new business ventures

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse One of my new business ventures

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of admin admin 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I thought I would shamelessly plug one of my new business ventures since I consider you all friends and figured it would be cool to do so. They may also sponsor RideCBR.com as well.. not sure if it would be for $$ to go towards hosting or for giveaway prizes (although not motorcycle related.. hmm.)

Anyway, I partnered with a friend to bring his local flea market / festival business online. They create customizable liquor bottle candles and beer bottle candles. It’s not CBR or even motorcycle related, but it’s a cool man-cave/garage accessory or a great gift idea ;-)

Let me know what you guys think of the new website.. http://www.LiquorWicks.com

Here are some product pictures:

Would love any constructive feedback or comments. Thanks guys!

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

He may run into copyright issues.

Pretty sweet though.

Profile photo of borderline4laska
    borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I like it! Ill take one of those petron bottle candles Lol

youtube.com/borderlinealaska

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Cool deal but my wife wouldn’t let me put those up in our house. I would get some if I had a man cave but my house is too small for my own cave yet. Are there scented ones or just straight soy candles?

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@74demon Some companies don’t like it.. some love it. I just handle the online store, they deal with each company specifically.

@borderline4laska I’ll have a contest here sooner or later for one.. or just order up :-)

@theredrocket The scents are seasonal.. 75%+ of their business is fairs and festivals and events.. they like to switch it up. Currently you can choose from: Apple Bourbon, Bergamot Mint, Cinnamon, Espresso, Lemoncello, Macintosh Apple, Mango Papaya, Ocean, Pumpkin Souffle and Unscented.

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Who gets the liquor that was in the bottle?

I want to apply to be in the bottle emptying department….

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Hahaha. They started a recycling company getting thousands of bottles from local bars but figured they could make more money cutting and making candles and they have. No bottle emptying department.. otherwise i’d be typing from their offices.

Profile photo of pacemaker
    pacemaker
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

My wifes Cousin started making scented candles in partnesrhip with her neighbour. Called it Sophie & Spike after their respective dogs. They sell a shitload at various markets. Why do you guys call them flea markets? Even my local primary school has started up a market to raise money.
    I call them mark ups.

https://youtu.be/Wtn1a-7TnOE

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

That’s very cool. Liquor Wicks sells a TON at beer festivals and flea/farmers markets.

Oh and I looked up the word out of curiosity lol:

Flea market comes from the French marché aux puces, a name originally given to a market in Paris which specialized in shabby second-hand goods of the kind that might contain fleas. The earliest English use that the 20-volume Oxford English Dictionary has found dates from 1922.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I likee Boss! Let me know if you see a Chivas Regal Scotch one , id be game for one of those! I like the petron one too.

Very cool idea and very low overhead. looks like a money maker!

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Fire Ball with a cinnamon scent…. sign me up!!!!!!

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@hubbard2a The Cinnamon Fireball sells like crazy at Fairs and Festivals during the Fall. It’s out of stock at the moment but i’m sure will be right back on the shelves. My entire house looks like a bar now with no alcohol and different scents, lol.

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@admin, could they be sent a bottle to cut and fill?

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@74demon Sure. Send me an email at admin@ridecbr.com with what bottle you have and a picture and I will get a quote. Choose from the scents currently listed on any bottle on the website.

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@admin I don’t necessarily have one in mind, but more finding a solution to @hubbard2a problem of bottles being out of stock or for a special order.

I’m not really into scented stuff all that much. Unless you have top fuel or jet plane exhaust scents….

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

There are stacks and stacks of bottles coming into the warehouse every day, so usually they don’t order bottles from anywhere.. but I was looking on ebay and found this for @bambamhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Chivas-Regal-Gold-Signature-Scotch-Whiskey-18-Year-Old-Empty-Bottle-Clear-750ml-/271970385636?hash=item3f52b2bee4:g:NHIAAOSwLVZV4I-p

Fireballs usually come in frequently so they will be back shortly. Even the Chivas come in.. just not as frequently as like a Bud Light Bottle ;-).

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

The scents aren’t overpowering like a Yankee Candle or anything.. it’s really a mellow scent.. I like Cinnamon, Apple Bourbon, etc.. but they change scents all the time.. or just get unscented. :socool:

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@admin – That is the sauce brother. Wish i hadn’t thrown out all those bottles..lol

Good find

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I started keeping bottles.. have a whole crap load of them from the past few months.. gonna make another trip to the warehouse soon.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Shipping out candles like crazy. Also just opened up a booth at the Dartmouth Mall in MA. Pretty sweet.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Use coupon code: VETERAN today only for $5.00 off any $25.00+ order.
    Use coupon code: FREEBEER this month only for a FREE BEER CANDLE with $50 purchase.

;-)

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.