CLOSED: Candy Guessing Contest #18 – Win RideCBR Points!

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR Contests & Promotions CLOSED: Candy Guessing Contest #18 – Win RideCBR Points!

This topic contains 28 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of admin admin 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

CLOSED: Candy Guessing Contest #18.
    here we go-
    Guess how many “Lemon Heads” are in this glass container to win RideCBR points.

The closest guess will receive the following:
    Exact Number: 1000 RideCBR Points
    Closest Number: 500 RideCBR Points
    Second Closest: 250 RideCBR Points
    Third Closest: 100 RideCBR Points
    NOTE: Closest to the exact amount without going over wins on this one-
    Post your guesses in a reply below. One guess per person so choose wisely.
    Broken pieces are removed if they are less than half the normal size.
    If a number is copied from another guess, it will be lowered to the next available number.
    If a fraction is used ,it will be rounded down to the next available number.
    Feel free to use whatever counting method you wish, but make sure I can put a number on it. lol
    Colors, animals, pictures or just plain fun stuff can be added for style points but won’t count in the actual contest. But I welcome all the fun stuff you guys bring to these games. Keep it coming.
    Thanks for playing, you guys make this fun. More to come soon.
    Happy 4th of July riders-
    This Contest ends 7/09/2014 at midnight!
    GOOD LUCK

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Exactly 328

Profile photo of woo545
    woo545
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

So, the volume of a two dimensional closed surface in a three-dimensional Euclidean space = I have no fucking clue what I’m talking about.

OK…a sphere’s volume is calculated by 4/3*PI()r^3. So if the jar was full, r would be about 6 lemonheads. So that would be about 904.79. A lemonhead, if a perfect sphere would be about 4.18879. Divide that into the size of the jar would be about 216. However, lemonheads, perfect, they are not. So, lets figure that they average about 17% less of a perfect sphere meaning that now 377.76 would fit. But alas, since @bambam already ate some, that would leave an estimated 76.237% full, bringing that number down to about 288. Add an additional 13 for the bottom section and that brings us to 301.

So my guess is 473.
    No, 294.
    314 Final answer

BTW, you probably don’t want to depend on my high school math.

Profile photo of smalls1000
    smalls1000
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

im gonna add these together

my guess is 139

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@cbr-f2 great picture, but your wrong about the number of lemon heads in the jar.

@woo545 idk where you went to school or how you learned math but damn that fucked me up, you need to look at it more like pi 3.14159265359 / the size of the jar – the equality of lemon heads that @bambam had already eaten given the factor of square root of the prime number = 137

The correct answer is 137 final answer no need for anyone else to guess.

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of northman
    northman
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

You are all wrong as you forgot to take into account the refraction of the light hitting the bowl,divided by the amount of hours I slept last night, or is that subtract the minutes …

My best guess is…. 187

Profile photo of shoichirohonda
    shoichirohonda
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Profile photo of borderline4laska
    borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

158! :)

youtube.com/borderlinealaska

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Bump for guesses –

Crazy math guys- cool pics and crazy guesses , keep em comin!

@kewlbreeze – dont miss this one brother , your on a roll.
    @jules – No guess?
    @dtone – get in this bud.
    @lowcel – grab a guess man!
    @jnsracing – throw out a guess J
    @hubbard2a – Jump in this Hubbs!
    @seahorsesylv – Join us friend!

Sorry i left out bunches of you guys , but to all you new members , join in to win points!

Profile photo of jnsracing
    jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Well alrighty… howz about 284.

(((http://ridecbr.com/forums/topic/my-f2-builds/))) (((https://www.facebook.com/JNSRacing72)))

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@woo545 said:
    So, the volume of a two dimensional closed surface in a three-dimensional Euclidean space = I have no fucking clue what I’m talking about.

OK…a sphere’s volume is calculated by 4/3*PI()r^3. So if the jar was full, r would be about 6 lemonheads. So that would be about 904.79. A lemonhead, if a perfect sphere would be about 4.18879. Divide that into the size of the jar would be about 216. However, lemonheads, perfect, they are not. So, lets figure that they average about 17% less of a perfect sphere meaning that now 377.76 would fit. But alas, since @bambam already ate some, that would leave an estimated 76.237% full, bringing that number down to about 288. Add an additional 13 for the bottom section and that brings us to 301.

So my guess is 473.
    No, 294.
    314 Final answer

BTW, you probably don’t want to depend on my high school math.

Best guess explanation ever?

Profile photo of kewlbreeze
    kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@bambam I was on vacation last week near your beautiful city. Just got back. I need to find a job in your area, that would be like a year long vacation.

I see you got tricky with this one with the whacky shaped jar. If any of you bothered to look closely you’d see that the answer is clearly 293 without any ifs ands or buts. Then again it could be 336 or 349 or 323 with heat expansion or 274 or 254 or 263 with cold shrinkage … but I digress; the answer is clearly 293.

Profile photo of seahorsesylv
    seahorsesylv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Profile photo of 94f2-08rr
    94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

To make this simple, I added up the weights of my ex-girlfriends…

515 :wow:

Profile photo of redstar
    redstar
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

291 if you don’t eat any!

Profile photo of lowcel
    lowcel
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Why 200? Because I don’t have a frigging clue.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Candy Guessing Contest 18 is now CLOSED.
    Here’s the results: The total number of Lemon Heads in the glass container was—412
    And the winners:
    1st Place– @fishfryer – With a guess of 328 – Great guess FISH ! 84 away +500 points
    2nd Place – @woo545 – With a guess of 314 – Good guess WOO! 98 away + 250 points
    3rd Place – @shoichirohonda – With a guess of 307 – Nice guess Bud ! 105 away +100 points
    Congrats winners ! Good guesses

@fishfryer – nice win brother , and fastest on race day , within minutes of posting this one, you pulled the winning guess- well done bud.

@woo545 –apparently your math is worthy , your on the podium again! Thanks for the laugh brother. That was “the most interesting math in the world”-
    @shoichirohonda –Well done shoi , Nice use of the Peugeot 307 pic. Your In the money Bud!

@smalls1000 – Thanks for joining in .
    @74demon – Preciate the participation bud.
    @theredrocket – Thanks for playing bro
    @cbr-f2 – Awesome pic brother, I like the use of the two added, well done.Thx
    @sdm1 – Square root of the prime number! Haahaa , good stuff , thanks man
    @northman – Im with ya on the light refraction , it did play a roll. Divided by the amount of sleep-not so much. Thanks for playing.
    @borderline4laska – Thanks for throwing in a guess bud.
    @jnsracing – Thanks for participating brother.
    @kewlbreeze – Next time you pass thru , holla bud , ill buy ya beer. I think it was the heat expansion BTW. Thanks for playing kewlio.
    @seahorsesylv – Thanks Sylvia for playing!
    @jules – Glad you joined in Jules, always a great sport. Thank you
    @94F2-08rr –Im not sure if you had a monster Ex , 2 very heavy Ex’s or 5 super-model Ex’s? Good stuff! Thanks for the play bro.
    @redstar – Nope , didn’t eat any until after the picture, I wasn’t impressed when I ate one tho. Thanks for participating
    @lowcel – nobody had a clue brother , the way the glass was shaped , it was pure trickery! Thanks for joining in bud.

Thanks for all the participation in this game,Great turn out. I appreciate every guess.

The Report: Ok , the “lemon Heads” are not a little piece of lemon heaven , far from it. I would describe these as little balls of rolled up lemon pledge furniture polish, although some were extremely sour , others just tasted like pure sugar , I believe I have lost my sweet tooth, I don’t care for these at all . The fam wanted to tear into the bag the day I brought it home, it was tuff keeping the yoots away from the bag until the picture.
    There weren’t rave reviews from the kids either(I thot my teenagers would eat anything sugar related). Altho I do have a good use for the half bag that remains untouched, they work quite well in a slingshot.

Thanks for the awesome forum @admin , Please award these winning Riders their points.

New game coming soon…

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@bambam @admin

Thanks for putting the contest up and letting us all have a little fun and take a break from the norm. Feels good to get away for a bit even if it is just to read the crazy answers and tease each other a bit. Great forum feels like home already :drunk:

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of kewlbreeze
    kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@bambam said:
    The Report: Ok , the “lemon Heads” are not a little piece of lemon heaven , far from it. I would describe these as little balls of rolled up lemon pledge furniture polish, although some were extremely sour , others just tasted like pure sugar , I believe I have lost my sweet tooth, I don’t care for these at all . The fam wanted to tear into the bag the day I brought it home, it was tuff keeping the yoots away from the bag until the picture.
    There weren’t rave reviews from the kids either(I thot my teenagers would eat anything sugar related). Altho I do have a good use for the half bag that remains untouched, they work quite well in a slingshot.

Was it the Ferrera Pan brand? I guess I like furniture polish or punishment because I kind of like’em. Stores around here can never keep them in stock. They’re sold out almost as soon as they put them on the shelves.

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I would like to thank The Acadamy…….

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@bambam I am always way off! I’ll guess right one of these days. Thank you for putting these on for us.

Profile photo of woo545
    woo545
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Apparently, I overestimated on how many you ate.

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I just missed Voting by like a week (or six) But more importantly you guys keep blaming an innocent man for eating the lemon heads!!! It clearly states that THE FAMILY WANTED TO TEAR INTO THEM THE MINUTE HE BROUGHT THE BAG HOME!!!! BAM BAM in not the one to blame here, It is clearly the wife and fruit of his loins that ate the candy and threw off the betting…..

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@kewlbreeze said:
    Was it the Ferrera Pan brand? I guess I like furniture polish or punishment because I kind of like’em. Stores around here can never keep them in stock. They’re sold out almost as soon as they put them on the shelves.
    Yup , those are the ones. its just my take brother, i guess im losing my sweet tooth.lol

@TheRedRocket said:
    @bambam I am always way off! I’ll guess right one of these days.

funny how its truly a guess , you can make an educated guess , but it still comes down to plain luck!
    Keep playing bud.

@woo545 said:
    Apparently, I overestimated on how many you ate.

Ha! you will just have to trust me!

@hubbard2a said:
    BAM BAM is not the one to blame here

I tried to tell em brother- with a mouth full of candy…lol

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Points awarded. Thanks @bambam. Great job all.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.