People and cell phones while driving

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse People and cell phones while driving

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of anubisphoenix00 anubisphoenix00 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of anubisphoenix00
    anubisphoenix00
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I’m going to die one of these days from too many people talking on the phone while they drive. Once again today coming home from work I find myself almost getting whacked by a SUV because said person was on the phone and didn’t look before merging. My commute to work is an hour so I’m more or less tired but I still keep focus on the task at hand and its riding home without running into trouble. For me personally I run into more women trying to kill me because they are too busy on the phone and frankly I’m tired of it. This recent event today I’m just about to get off the highway and I’m at fork where two highways merge into one and I’m on the far right lane exiting. I see this blonde in a Ford Escape coming from the other highway merging alright nothing wrong there and her signal goes off, ok she’s in her lane I can continue. At this point my bike is at her passenger door and I’m slowing down for the exit ramp. I don’t clear her rear bumper yet and she starts to merge onto my lane. Good thing I was covering my brakes I gave my brakes a good squeeze to scrub some more speed off to get behind the SUV. Me being hot headed from the situation and it being 100F out I’m pissed off to no end. At the end of the exit ramp its a 4-way intersection she was turning left and I still need to head straight. I flipped my visor looked at her and gave the WTF hand/shoulder gesture and she just pulls ur phone off her face a shouts “I’m sorry get over it!” In retrospect I should of just nodded and not made an attempt at telling her she could of made a mess of things…I’m sorry I’m just ranting because of ignorant drivers….I’m also getting back to riding my bike to work after I have a car accident couple weeks back another girl on the phone rear ended me and another car on the highway…I needed to slow down very quickly because there was debris on the road and everyone in front of me were braking hard too. Needless to say I’m not a happy commuter anymore…again sorry about my rant hope everyones’ commute to work was better than mine today

Profile photo of bacaboy69
    bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I just punch their mirrors off, flip them off, knock on window. Anything to get their attention to make sure they pay attention.

anubisphoenix00
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

@Bacaboy69 you should give my edit a quick read more detail to just me saying I hate driving phone talkers

Profile photo of seahorsesylv
    seahorsesylv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I totally hear what your saying and agree. Click on sticker below to see the whole phrase.

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I know first hand what you guys are talking about. Its seems like a struggle every day to avoid death at the hands of idiots! I have made eye contact with drivers and had them still pull out infront of me on the phone…

Profile photo of atx600rr
    atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Hopefully one day it will be illegal to talk/text and drive. Or at the very least have a law that requires hands free talking. Maybe that would help people pay attention, but its doubtfull.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I agree 100% my brother was ass ended on his bike by a girl texting while driving.

anubisphoenix00
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

@seahorsesylv your attachment gave me a laugh…but it really would be nice not having to worry about ignorant people on the road. @Dave C. Couple weeks ago a girl did that exact same thing but knock on wood I was driving a car hoping to up the car soon from the shop

Profile photo of seahorsesylv
    seahorsesylv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

ATX600rr:
    Hopefully one day it will be illegal to talk/text and drive.Or at the very least have a law that requires hands free talking.Maybe that would help people pay attention, but its doubtfull.

It is illegal here to talk/text while driving unless you have a hands free/bluetooth device………still it doesn’t stop them. Be careful out there.

anubisphoenix00
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

In PA there is a law that makes using your phone in any form be talking or texting but as you imagine it’s not really enforced around here and its annoying

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.