Peregrine falcon chasing down a downhill rider (mountain bike)

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse Peregrine falcon chasing down a downhill rider (mountain bike)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sdm1 sdm1 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of woo545
    woo545
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Pretty cool video of the fastest animal trying to retrieve a package off the back of a mountain biker racing down the hill.

Oh, BTW: This is the 1000th Topic in the clubhouse :P

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Killer video woo, That bird is awesome , it was cool to see the slow-mo showing how the bird puts on the brakes and steers , at first i thot the bird would get it right off, turned to be tuff for him.

Also , that down hill coarse for MT bikes was unreal! i love the downhill stuff, up hill , not so much..

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

On a side note….I thought the Hyabusa Eagle was the fastest bird of prey? Hence Suzuki using the name for the GSX1300R…. Of course it wont be the first time I was wrong.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Awesome on the 1,000th topic! Thanks all for being awesome.

Profile photo of woo545
    woo545
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Yeah, @bambam . I was amazing watching the angle of the wings change in slo-mo in order to maneuver. It’s amazing how much control they have!

Profile photo of cbrtricolor
    cbrtricolor
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

he doesn’t has any chance to win…. by the way… this film was made in parts… sometimes the biker has the gopro on helmet and sometimes he doesn’t had

Profile photo of woo545
    woo545
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Yes you are correct, it was made in parts. I noticed the cameras as well. One time he does beat the falcon. If you look at other related videos, you’ll see the making of the video.

Profile photo of dtone
    dtone
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@hubbard2a said:
    On a side note….I thought the Hyabusa Eagle was the fastest bird of prey? Hence Suzuki using the name for the GSX1300R…. Of course it wont be the first time I was wrong.

HAYABUSA is Japanese for Peregrine Falcon, supposedly Suzuki picked the name partly because of the speed thing but also because it is known for killing Blackbirds so also a little pop at Honda and their bike.

Although I much prefer the look of the Honda BLACKBIRD which is named for those that don’t know after the SR71 LOCKHEED spy plane that was able to do MACH 3. The fastest manned aircraft ever.

Profile photo of raven
    raven
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I surprised bird took so long. Biker good! I’ve seen many falcons, and prey has no chance!
    SR-71 still holds record (Classified, so not official). One landed on my base once, and broke about every window with the noise. Bird is the word.

Profile photo of 94f2-08rr
    94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Finally getting around to watching this video. Pretty awesome. Makes me regret not studying Ornithology. I especially enjoy birds of prey. I tend to lean more towards falcons and owls.

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Great video indeed, have watched them race the falcons a few times only on TV though, its amazing the speed they can get up to and how low they will fly above the ground. They are an amazing bird. Kudos on the video find

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.