Petrol in oil no compression

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of 74demon 74demon 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of markbp70
    markbp70
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Hi all. Please could someone help with this problem. I’ve searched for an answer but none seems to be able to advice. I have a 2006 cbr125 which ran well until it decided to dump petrol into the engine oil. The bike had been stored for six months with me just starting it up occasionally. I checked the oil one day and an oil/petrol mix gushed out from the filler neck.

I’ve cleaned the carb/ needle jet etc. and checked the petcock for faults (both are fine) changed the engine oil but now there’s a new problem. The bike doesn’t seem to have any compression and will not fire up when turned over.

Any suggestions as to why no compression? I understand that petrol in the oil wouldn’t have done the engine any good, but to lose all compression after warming the bike at a standstill is hard to understand.

Thanks very much

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Try squirting a little oil in the cylinder. It will help the rings seal again.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.