pics of places I have been

RideCBR.com Forums Sportbike Pictures & Videos pics of places I have been

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of spdygak spdygak 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

The pics are from my wives home town we stayed at a resort for 7 days while visiting her Gma. Breakfast and the view was free, total charge for 7 days including the Honda scooter we rented was just under $500 USD. As you will see the place is just BEAUTIFUL. I will let the pics explain it

The view from my patio

White sandy beach with a little view of one of the rooms on top of the cliff

A better look at the resort

Reflections on the endless pool

So peaceful

Beautiful coast line

A tarsier native to Bohol island

Chocolate Hills

The Wheels

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Beautiful, I was just in St. Lucia last week, but your location looks much prettier. Where exactly was it? What was the name of the resort?

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

This is where we spent our honeymoon, it was a short 1 hour flight to an island named Porta Princessa (Palawan), It is the cleanest city in all of Philippines, you get charged 2000 Peso = $50.00 USD for throwing trash on the ground. We stayed on a private island named Dos Palmas its a beautiful island, main draw backs its 1 hour boat ride to the island, all meals you buy except for breakfast. We spent 7 days total cost food, travel, room drinks &1200.00 USD. Nice honeymoon and still affordable.

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

We spent the last day of our honeymoon at the under ground river its about 1 1/2 hour ride from the main city Palawan. The view is to die for, the under ground river was nice but very stinky. Full of bats and their shit

If you thought I was lying about the fine for trash here is the fine for smoking

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@fishfryer

The resort is called East Coast white sands beach resort. Its in a town named Anda on the island of Bohol. 1 hour ride from Tagbalarin where the airport is. Average night is $75.00 USD I have included their website. My wife and her brother are friends of the owner so…..

The most commonly used of the peso is 1000 bill, the easiest way I figure it out is 1000 Peso is = to $25.00 USD. Of course thats not exact, but its close enough for me. Post up some pics of your trip, love to see places I have never been.

http://eastcoastwhitesand.com/?ref_bfc=1

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Very nice. Absolutely beautiful, nicer than any spot in the Caribbean.

Profile photo of kewlbreeze
    kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Nice. Looks very peaceful and relaxing. Only thing missing is the pool bar (unless it’s elsewhere on the property). You made me have to pull out the google conversion calculator. 5000 = $114 USD but I guess they have to do that if they want a no smoking property since half the population smokes.

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@sdm1 It looks truly beautiful and I love the image of the pool at sunset the way the pools seems to overflow into the ocean :-)
    I really could do with a holiday like that myself and soon :-)

Jules

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Absolutely trick! that place looks like heaven, those pools are some of the trickest ive ever seen.
    I dig the swim up bar too. Zero edge pools that back up to an ocean are amazing.

did you get to go fishing while you were there? The water looked awesome.

Thanks for the share – the place is now on my list..

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@kewlbreeze

There is a bar either next to the pool or part of the pool. Yes you are correct more then 1/2 the population smokes in Philippines. When I first moved there 4 years ago a carton would cost 360 Peso, t the time it was around $8.00 USD, they have since gone up in price and cost around $17.00 USD.

@jules

The Philippines is the most beautiful place I have ever been, the main city Manila is garbage, last I heard the guesstimated population was 22 million people in Manila and surrounding towns. You never run out of people never see an empty spot unless its a river. However once you get out of Manila thats when the people stop and the beauty begins. I would highly recommend a vacation to Philippines to anybody. Its best if you know someone as they can help you get around, when I moved there I knew nothing about the Philippines and only 1 person.

@bambam

No i have never fished here, not much into fishing, however they do have great fishing spots and also fishing tours available. My dad was the fisherman he could fish all day and didnt care if he got a nibble, me I cast 3 times am bored and go get on the jet-ski.

If anybody ever wants to visit Philippines, let me know I can help you out and point you in the right direction, do know that white skin or foreigners are seen as dollar signs many people will try to take advantage of you. I have lived here 4 years and only felt threatened 1 time. There are pick pockets and scammers every where. Just use your head and dont go out to the wrong places after dark.

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Wow. Not having a real vacation for 5 years this is absolutely gorgeous. Need to plan my next get away, those pics make me drool!

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Amazing pics! Thanks for sharing!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.