Power commander

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse Power commander

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of atx600rr atx600rr 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of shawnsay
    shawnsay
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

OK just bought this bike and it has a power commander, I don’t know shit about these things. I don’t know who owned the bike before me or how he was riding it, So I guess me question is what do I do with it? Is there a factory reset or WTF. I’m in Austin TX so if you know of someone or a shop that could get me headed in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Profile photo of atx600rr
    atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

@shawnsay I dont think there is a factory setting on those. You would have to remove it in order to allow the bikes computer to do the fuel mapping. Basicilly they allow you use a laptop to tune your air fuel ratio allowing for optimum performance. This can be done by downloading a basic map for the mods you have or by having someone dyno tune it. My guess is your bike just has the yosi map (125-003) from the link provided. I wouldnt touch it until you find out exactly what mods are on the bike. I.E. if your bike has an aftermarket air filter or not. Check out this link to learn more info about it.
    Power Commander

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I had the same thing.. I bought a bike and didnt know there was a power commander.. so i’m gonna get it on a dyno and have the tuner look at it.

shawnsay
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Thanks that’s definetly a step in the right direction.

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I WANT A POWER COMMANDER SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!! you guys will have so much power and get such better gas mileage than us who dont have them….lol…

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

me too but im not willing to spend the money right now

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@htown me either bro, I have alot more things that have more priority than a power commander…lol…my -1/+2 520 conversion gives me all the torque I need!!! and Torque is really whats fun about our bikes, the horsepower doesnt do anything…lol..

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Yea just top end really and well i dont plan on finding out how fast my bike actually goes

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I am :mrgreen:

shawnsay
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Anybody have an idea what it would cost to get it dyno tuned? That sounds like the best route, let a proffesional handle it.

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

50-100.. I think.. I’ve never done it though

Profile photo of atx600rr
    atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

When I had my car street tuned it cost 250 but that was not on a dyno. I think the guy wanted 350 to tune it on the dyno. I’m guessing it would be about the same for the bike.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.