Problems of a used bike

RideCBR.com Forums General Tech Discussions Problems of a used bike

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of smalls1000 smalls1000 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of smalls1000
    smalls1000
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I always wondered why my throttle wouldn’t tighten up and why my front brake lever would hit the throttle cables on my F4i. I have found nothing but surprises with this bike I can’t believe its taken me this long in order to start looking into long known problems. Some people should not be allowed to work on anything that moves just for the safety of future owners lol.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Wow.

On my 1000rr.. the front signals were twisted together and “taped” with CLEAR DOLLAR STORE TAPE.

On my old 600rr the exhaust hanger was actually a piece of a hanger.

There is a huge difference between getting it done in a pinch and fucking it up and keeping it that way.

smalls1000
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Used a clothes hanger for an exhaust hanger? Sound legit it hangs stuff why not an exhaust pipe lol.

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

On my old 94 f2 the former owner cut the headlight wiring harness to add an aftermarket light and did the same with the tail lights. . .wondered why my plastics were hot after riding for more than an hour. . I was lucky it never melted through before I figured it out. He also did a homemade fender eliminator…the whole kit dropped onto my brand new Dunlop qualifier and put a tread depth gash just of center that was half an inch wide..and the ignition would drain the battery in less than a day if not put into the “lock” position. . Never quite figured that one out
    . Oh and that rear tire was only 3 days old..i was much more when I purchased my current CBR

smalls1000
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@nueyf4i said:
    On my old 94 f2 the former owner cut the headlight wiring harness to add an aftermarket light and did the same with the tail lights. . .wondered why my plastics were hot after riding for more than an hour. . I was lucky it never melted through before I figured it out. He also did a homemade fender eliminator…the whole kit dropped onto my brand new Dunlop qualifier and put a tread depth gash just of center that was half an inch wide..and the ignition would drain the battery in less than a day if not put into the “lock” position. . Never quite figured that one out
    . Oh and that rear tire was only 3 days old..i was much more when I purchased my current CBR

My light issue happened to be the turn signals and headlights. He swapped the lights around and then that pulled the turn signal wires away from the actual bulb, so what did he do? He spliced in more wire of course, leaving me a rats nest of wire to clean through. Good thing those fairings didn’t melt or combust, you’d be riding down the road like Evil Knievel . :lol:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.