Project: Pegasus

RideCBR.com Forums Member Build Threads Project: Pegasus

This topic contains 35 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of saturnv saturnv 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Snow! in MAY??!

Gee, I thought ENGLAND was bad lol

Profile photo of foreigninvasion89
    foreigninvasion89
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Greetings earthlings…

I am moments away from finally firing up this gremlin, and I’ve got one situation. Hope someone knows what the hell I’m talking about?

I’ve done a list of things…tune up, oil, filters, petcock, fuel pump, new battery…ready to fire up, and nothing. Bike cranks, but doesn’t turn over. My question is: Does this bike have a fuel pump relay, and where is it located. I’m assuming that the fuel pump should click away while attempting to start, but it’s not. Am I in the right arena, or far out? Could it be a bad fuel pump relay (if one is applicable)

Thanks in advance…

foreigninvasion89
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

what’s good family,…(ok, distant cousins, maybe?) haha…I’m hitting you up for some knowledge because, well, I’m fried. I am running into a lot of hazards with this F1 I’m restoring, one such hazard would be “PARTS.” I cant seem to find anything that I would need for this bike. Does anyone have any leads or sources that might have what the bike needs? Any info would be appreciated.

I’m looking for a fuel pump relay, or fuel cut off relay. And a spark unit, or ECU, or CDI. Can’t seem to get the bike running. And the test I’ve run have all led me to this “spark unit” being bad. I wonder what else needs replacing. Argh.

also, I came across a Power Distribution Module that would replace the entire ignition delivery system. Has anybody heard of anyone converting the old style ignition system to a digital one?

Anyone???

Desperately seeking engine rev.

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Hey dude – sound depressing – don’t suppose any parts from later models would work (e.g. relays, etc.?)

Have you checked Partzilla??

Fuel pump doesn’t do a helluva lot on my bike (F3) apart from topping up the float reservoirs periodically. Try bypassing the pump for testing cos it should work on gravity feed alone if you’re lucky – did on mine!! Also what makes you think the relay or spark unit are faulty? The pump on my F3 is just an intermittent one it doesn’t run continuously; just just a pulse avery few seconds (based on engine speed) from the ignition control unit…

foreigninvasion89
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

So I finally did it. I got the F1 started. It runs. And it sounds brand new. Rides like a champ. A real screamer, except for one problem: when the bike leans left I get an overflow of fuel I to the carburetors, and it lunges real hard. Throws me out of control. I rebuilt the carburetors, replaced the fuel pump, fuel cut off relay, and all fuel lines… can’t figure out why the bike can’t lean left without ducking more gas. Any ideas? Thanks fam!

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@foreigninvasion89

Well done mate! It’s been a year or 2 since I refurbed my carbs but if my memory serves me well it could be one or more of the float valves not cutting off the fuel flow properly and causing the chamber to overflow / flood? Whatever happens I guess you’ll have to remove the carbs once more to check :(

Tim

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.