PVC Helmet Rack

RideCBR.com Forums Member Build Threads PVC Helmet Rack

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sdm1 sdm1 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

So I saw a picture of a helmet rack made out of PVC so I picked me up a couple 10 foot 3/4″ pipes and a handful of elbows, 3- way Ts and 3 way 90s. Sure those are not technical terms but hey, I’m not a plumber,
    After some careful measuring and figuring I cut the 10′ down to lengths to fit inside the helmet and sick out far enough for it to sit level without hitting the back.

Now, I used the blue PVC glue since that’s what I had but any PVC glue will do since it just needs to hold together. I didn’t manage to take any pics of this step. Oops. Next I used Valspar’s primer/paint that is for plastic in flat black

I drilled holes below where each helmet would rest so the anchors would hold the weight. Painted the rack and painted the heads of the anchors so they wouldn’t stand out against the rack.

Hung it on the wall and loaded up a couple helmets

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Very nice. Seems simple enough and my girlfriend would love that they aren’t all over the place :-)

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Very creative .

I need to buy a few more helmets so I can make one!

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Thanks guys. I admit it wasn’t my idea but it worked out well. I even added a space a the bottom for gloves. Once I get the shoe racks reorganized and out of the way I will show you that as well.

Profile photo of jnsracing
    jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@admin said:
    …my girlfriend would love that they aren’t all over the place :-)

Word! I have my leathers, 4 pairs of gloves, 3 pairs of racing boots, 1 pair of street boots, 5 riding jackets, and 7, soon to be 8 helmets, and have been planning to build something somewhere, soon, to deal with all this crap!!
    But, when my girlfriend fusses, I remind her that her helmet and riding jacket are usually sitting somewhere they’re “not supposed to be” as well! :mrgreen:

(((http://ridecbr.com/forums/topic/my-f2-builds/))) (((https://www.facebook.com/JNSRacing72)))

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Well, this rack worked out well for helmets and it’s completely customizable. This was space I had in the corner by the front door but you could make it horizontal, use 45* elbows to hang the helmets closer together and at an angle… PVC is awesome to build stuff. Cheap too <$20 in PVC parts (I already had glue, 2 $6 spray paint cans, and $3 in anchors + a couple hours of work :socool:

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Came out great looking and also a good idea I will have to borrow your idea thanks, like others my wife is always on my ass about riding gear all over the place. I cant blame her though as the condo we have is very small. We are in the process of buying a new house 300 SQM (3300 SQFT) that should give me enough room to scatter everything lol.

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.