Re-ReVitalization

RideCBR.com Forums Member Build Threads Re-ReVitalization

This topic contains 36 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of kerosene kerosene 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kerosene
    kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

OK, so now I have 3 plans:

A- I get the ‘ok’ to register my motorcycle normally, get import approval as ‘motorcycle’ and not ‘motorcycle parts’, everyone is happy, singing and dancing in the rain with me, lowest cost and best solution.
    B- I import the bike as ‘motorcycle parts’ and register the bike as SAM which means it’s a custom motorcycle (still need to get details about this how/cost/what it means) and when I register the bike it’ll no longer be a Honda CBR600F3 but now it will be Kerosene Honda CBR600F3.
    C- Scrap.

Obviously I’d like to have A, but B isn’t a bad plan… C is just in case.

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Good luck with whatever you decide has to be done Alan!! :-)

Keep us informed…

Jules

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Small Update – I went to the import facility and explained the registration situation, he said “I thought that this may be a problem, wasn’t sure if the laws were changed” (unable to register custom motorcycles.) I told him that it’d be best to import the bike as a ‘motorcycle’ but I don’t know what I’d need to do in order to qualify it as a motorcycle (I told him that I only have a motorcycle and frame), we spoke for a few minutes and he seems to sincerly want to help me and sort it out so I can have my motorcycle and ride it.

He gave me the info of a collegue, I will go to her tomorrow and ask her what next… he’ll help me out as long as I sort everything out with her. If things go correctly plan A will be set in motion :D

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

So I have bad news :( I spoke to the last person regarding imports of motorcycles… everything is do-able, import as motorcycle and then I can register normally without any issues, all seems fine and dandy except for the price… to get everything sorted out I will be paying minimum of 1,700 PLN but more like 3,000 PLN plus in the end I might end up having to pay a fine (won’t find out until I file the paperwork for import.)

Plan F (skipped a few plans): I will be buying a new frame and will just swap all my parts from my frame to the new one. I am searching for a frame that was already registered in Poland this way no import or bs fees. Unfortunately I’ll need to buy basically everything that makes the F3 what it is.

Frame – 500 PLN
    Headlight – 200 PLN
    Headlight/Speedo mounts – just found one for 40 PLN
    Fairings
    Rear tail light – 40 PLN
    Turn Signals (4) – 100 PLN
    Seat – 100 PLN

I will need to sell all of my F4i parts and I should break even (around)

This is the only way to get my baby back on the road. :(

Profile photo of jnsracing
    jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Sorry to hear you’re having such difficulty with this :-| … hopefully you can find the parts cheap, get it franken-biked together, and start riding! :mrgreen:

smilerider.bmp

(((http://ridecbr.com/forums/topic/my-f2-builds/))) (((https://www.facebook.com/JNSRacing72)))

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

It is what it is, I knew it could have been difficult but wasn’t expecting THIS much resistance.

So I’m starting to sign up on some honda, stunting and misc motorcycle forums, going to post up topics I am looking to buy a frame, hopefully by Feb/March I’ll have mostly everything I need.

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I welcome everyone to the new build thread

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.