Really loving the latest CB1100.

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse Really loving the latest CB1100.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jules jules 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Especially in this gorgeous red colour, it really suits it and they have improved the look by taking that pointy bit off the bottom of the side panel … it has improved the tank, seat, side panel line and I think it looks just right now :-)

The video is good and quite funny at the end!!

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Profile photo of kennmcook
    kennmcook
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Retrotacular… subtle differences, of course. However… I cannot get the Kawasaki Z1/KZ900/KZ1000 from the 70’s out of my head, when I look at this bike. lol.

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I see in it more undertones of the original, legendary six cylinder CBX1000 :)

Although I do prefer the new bike as the old CBX’s engine just looked, to me, too wide for the bike… the new bike CB1100 seems better proportioned, it just looks sweet :)

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Profile photo of pacemaker
    pacemaker
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I love the older multi’s, my old Z650 was a favorite. I don’t have to many pics of it, except this & the other with girls of dubious character posing on it. (Pre digital age)

The reason that so many of the bikes from this era looked similar was because they were. The UJM (Universal Japanese motorcycle).

The Italians did it with more flair though, even using Honda motors.

Hard to believe that Benelli is now owned by a Chinese company, but they still do it with flair.

Profile photo of conrice
    conrice
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I never had any expirience with the older jap bikes, but my father in law always talked about his kz1000 to the point where I have all of his stories memorized.

Well, I finally found one that was cheap, and it needed some work. The owner had taken it as collateral for rent but didn’t know about it as he was a Harley guy. It needed brakes and a good carb cleaning – I got it for a steal.

After fixing it, I certainly understand the appeal. The engines are phenomenal. I’d equate it to driving an older muscle car. You know it’s not as fast, doesn’t stop as quick, and won’t handle as well as a modern bike – but there is something truly special about it.

I think I will eventually pick one up for myself (and mod it beyond recognition… I have a problem…) simply because of the motor. I never cared about the older jap bikes/muscle bikes, but they’re incredible. I don’t care what kind of rider you are, if you ever have a chance to ride one, don’t pass it up!

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

The saga of the new fishbike continues. My mind is pretty much made up on the CB11, now the question is the red Deluxe or the black Base model. I’d prefer a black deluxe…. But Honda can’t seem to figure out how to do something like that. Looking at April or a May Birthday present.

Need a bullet fairing and mini sissy bar so the chicks don’t fall off.

Profile photo of kewlbreeze
    kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Corbin makes a few nice ones for that bike but they don’t come cheap.
    It looks to be easily removable when not in use but too bad it doesn’t flip down like some of their other models.
    They also have one that has a little lockable compartment on the back for gloves and stuff.

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@fishfryer said:
    now the question is the red Deluxe or the black Base model.

The candy red deluxe is simply delicious!!

Profile photo of dtone
    dtone
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I love the colour on this bike, very reminiscent of the colours back in the late 70s and early 80s too.

The seat seems to be sitting quite a bit lower on it than on the old CBX or the CB900 for example, more like the old custom bikes around at that time before everything had to have your bum six inches off the ground…lol :-)

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Dear @admin

..and if anyone can see this my posts have become somewhat invisible … I have made several lately that just aren’t showing up. For instance I replied to @fishfryer Vulcan S thread … my name shows as the last poster but my reply is not there … when I click send everything seems to go through normally except my posts just don’t show up?

I know I live in another world to you guys but perhaps I have now slipped in time too, somewhat inter dimensionally, oh only by a few micro seconds out, but you know, enough….

Your inter dimensional traveler

Juliet :)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.