Reviving my 94 F2

RideCBR.com Forums Member Build Threads Reviving my 94 F2

This topic contains 157 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jnsracing jnsracing 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

So this is my start of my first build thread….

This is a 1994 CBR 600 f2… Picked it up last Sept. of 2012.

Body in decent shape, missing some parts, running but not great, and 30kmiles

So my goal is to first make it run and ride properly… Parts have been ordered and are trickling in day by day.. But when you have 3 kids and two of them are year old twins, motivation. No no no… I mean my wifes okay to go work on it, is a whole other story…lol. Next make some room on the camera and start posting my progress…

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

this is how it looked when i got it… notice the mgp growler right on the header pipe, looked ok but sounded like crap. so first thing to go was that and put the stock muffler back on for the a short time…

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

When I was looking at my first bike back in 05… a brand new 06 orange tribal RR. My wife and I found out we were having twins. No bike. So 5 years later I finally got it.

I hear ya on working on the bike. My wife HATES my bike!!!

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@DubV. Thats too funny… My wife knows its gonna happen since i turn wrenches anyway…

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

So here is the factory muffler back on and then an attempt to see if a mid pipe on the stupid growler would work….

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

now since neither one made me happy i decided to go with a dan-moto carbon fiber slip-on… thats not on yet since im waiting for me to get off my ass and install it… :roll:

Profile photo of jnsracing
    jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@CBR-F2 said:
    now since neither one made me happy i decided to go with a dan-moto carbon fiber slip-on… thats not on yet since im waiting for me to get off my ass and install it… :roll:

Well, get out there and get it mounted! :mrgreen:

That little “growler” you’ve got is a decent looking pipe – it’s a shame it won’t mount nicely – I’m assuming what you don’t like about it, is the weird angle of it? That’s what I noticed right away… unless it’s an underbody pipe, I think the only way your eye isn’t “drawn” to it, thinking something’s “off”, is if the can is parallel to the lines of the tail section.

(((http://ridecbr.com/forums/topic/my-f2-builds/))) (((https://www.facebook.com/JNSRacing72)))

Profile photo of woo545
    woo545
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I have the stock pipe on my F2. Nice looking ride. The Atomic Red color scheme looks pink on my Purple and Black F2. Glad to see you don’t have that problem!

jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@woo545 said:
    I have the stock pipe on my F2. Nice looking ride. The Atomic Red color scheme looks pink on my Purple and Black F2. Glad to see you don’t have that problem!

Ahhh, the color schemes of the ’90’s! :-?

(((http://ridecbr.com/forums/topic/my-f2-builds/))) (((https://www.facebook.com/JNSRacing72)))

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@JNSRacing said

That little “growler” you’ve got is a decent looking pipe – it’s a shame it won’t mount nicely – I’m assuming what you don’t like about it, is the weird angle of it? That’s what I noticed right away… unless it’s an underbody pipe, I think the only way your eye isn’t “drawn” to it, thinking something’s “off”, is if the can is parallel to the lines of the tail section.

The angle??? A little, but I could fix that if I really wanted to… It’s mainly the sound is too loud and obnoxious for my taste… Wish it wasn’t because I to agree it is nice looking…

@Woo545 don’t let pics fool you… It’s got the looks good from afar, but up close it really needs some lovin… Buts that’s gonna be for later.

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

So here in the pics above I have made some progress… exhaust, tire hugger/chain guard, and frame sliders installed.
    Finally received all carb. gaskets and insulators=happy:)
    Also working on installing front clear marker lights, HID headlight, and integrated rear tail lamp assy… then continue with chain tensioner replacement and install carbs, tune, and sync…

jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

“MORE WORK, MORE PICS, MORE WORK, MORE PICS!!”… is my chant! :mrgreen:

Lookin’ good Derek! :-D

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

AAAAANNNNND got a few more things done… carbs with airbox installed, new chain tensioner installed… i did take pics with my phone and some how i deleted them…”F- me”?!?! only thing left to do now is lights and carb tune + sync.

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

lights= check, done and working

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

couple different views of the new chain tensioner

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Okay. So I finally fired up the bike and got the carbs synced. Took it for a test ride and am pleased. Now just needs some fine tuning of the suspension, and put the body back on…

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Also I was able remove the ugly carbon fiber stickers off of the rear sets. Which is seen in my pic with the growler muffler… Pics are to come. ;)

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

So here she is back together. Again…

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Took advantage of the nice weather and with the help of my 8 yr old son… We flushed and bled the front and rear brake fluids… And also installed a tank bra, for that true nostalgic 90’s look…

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

So today i installed my used and rekeyed left side pass. foot rest w/ helmet holder since mine was busted and missing…

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

So when I got home today from work, I received a package… And in it is an extra air box assembly and a k&n air filter… So now I’m going to clean up that stuff and make an attempt at the so called , “SECRET” HRC air box mod. And a little ram air functionality… So if anyone has the specs on what todo for the secret mod please let me know… In the mean time clean and do some investigating. :roll:

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Still patiently waiting for the secret mod specs. in the mean time ordered up a brake light modulator and a electronic flasher relay so i can rid myself of resistors…

jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Derek, we need you to do some work that involves pictures, m’kay? :mrgreen:

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

im workin on that JNS!!!

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Well… Since I am still waiting and being picky on how the bike runs. I figured I would mess with the shims of the needles in the slides of the carbs, now take in mind I did make a huge leap at the carbs already… Already done to carbs is as follows— slow/pilot jets changed, main jets changed, 2 shims on each needle and one of the 2 holes of the slides plugged. Now it’s baby steps time to dial them in a little better. I hope… While remembering that the carbs had 1 shim each in them to start from factory and me adding 1 more, a single shim measures roughly (.5mm) thick. Current is now roughly 1mm. So I have some plastic shims that measure 1.3mm. Gonna use these instead of running 3 shims at a 1.5mm measurement

And yes @JNSRacing I’ve got pics just as requested… :wink:

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Pics of the air box coming apart…

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Coils in the way…

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Next what I used to get the slide covers off.

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Measurements with a digital micrometer… 2 shims =1mm, 3 shims =1.5mm(not used! Yet?) and the 1 plastic shim =1.3mm

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 158 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.