RideCBR owner and long time Honda Sportbike fan.

RideCBR.com Forums New Member Introductions RideCBR owner and long time Honda Sportbike fan.

This topic contains 37 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of admin admin 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Just launched RideCBR.com to create a new home for Honda Sportbike enthusiasts. I have owned a few bikes in the past but currently pending delivery of a new-ish 2007 1000rr. Should have it in a few weeks. I live in RI and will be riding all over New England this summer. I owned a 600rr in the past, and have been a member of most RR forums online. Let’s make a new positive community, rather than a chat room filled with hate messages. We’re all riders, why not share experiences and help one another.

Profile photo of broccoli2
    broccoli2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Sounds good!!! I’m in

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Thanks man.. Welcome!

Profile photo of uforce
    uforce
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

All the best! I’m in as well.

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Site looks great easy to navigate! I will spend some time looking around…

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Thanks guys. Welcome.

Profile photo of steria
    steria
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Welcome!

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@admin I was thinking about the early days when I was reading every single new post as we went along it got harder to keep up! Remember this?

Admin:
    Just launched RideCBR.com to create a new home for Honda Sportbike enthusiasts. I have owned a few bikes in the past but currently pending delivery of a new-ish 2007 1000rr. Should have it in a few weeks. I live in RI and will be riding all over New England this summer. I owned a 600rr in the past, and have been a member of most RR forums online. Let’s make a new positive community, rather than a chat room filled with hate messages. We’re all riders, why not share experiences and help one another.

and this

Admin:
    In 2 hours, it will be up for 24 hours ;-)

Working hard to build a new community for riders to come, relax, and shoot the shit. Sick of idiots on other forums, can’t even ask a question without a fight.. It’s useless. We’re all riders, it should be a community, not a bash fest.

Amazing progress in less than 1 day, tons more to come!

What happened to @steria ??

Steria:
    Hello. I am new, and I assume this site is as well? =)

I hope you all will continue to have a good day!

Just gettin started

Admin:
    Clean looking bike buddy.. Congrats on being our 100th member (not bad for less than 2 weeks of being online, eh?)

Welcome to RideCBR!

What happened to just browsing @inkslingerxx

Inkslingerxx:
    Just browsing.
    Yellow/Black 07 CBR600RR.
    Put up pics when I get home.
    -inkslingerxx

And then @juliet it all went downhill… :wink: Junkies?! who are the Junkies ?!

Juliet:
    I’m Juliet and live in England … I ride a 2008 CBR600RR, I live right on the doorstep to North Wales so have some beautiful scenery and great roads to ride on :-)

I hope you’re all well :-)

Jules

And of course too many members to continue to quote ( @dubv I don’t see an intro for you) but I can honestly say I’ve appreciated you all this year and look forward to next year!! I just wanted to say this before the world ends in a couple days :mrgreen:

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Im still kinda amazed at how the whole thing happened. We were kinda hung out in thate dark, then jules is like”go here” so we kinda flooded the place. Most might have taken offense to the junkie name being flung around so much. But @admin and crew welcomed us right in. Its been a amazing ride ever since! Congadulations

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Non of you would have believed, in the early days of your new world, that your affairs were being watched from the timeless voids of cyberspace. Non of you could have dreamed that you were being scrutinised as someone with a microscope studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. Few of you even considered the possibility of an invasion from a dying cyberworld. And yet, across the timeless gulf of cyberspace, minds immeasurably superior to yours regarded your new world with envious eyes!! And slowly, and surely, we drew our plans against you.

My people had been adrift, and all alone, in the dark reaches of cyber space for many weeks, they needed a new world and fast … our old world had gone very dark in it’s final months and when I found this world I knew it would be sufficient for our needs. There was plenty of light and a good atmosphere. There were still so few of you that you could easily accomodate us, yet at the same time, your low numbers meant that if we were met with resistance we could take you by force.

Oh, um, I just meant to say thanks for the welcome!! ..lol :-P :lol:

Juliet (Queen of the ‘Others’)
    muhahaha

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@juliet haha good stuff!

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Damn it’s like watching one of my kids grow up. Can’t believe it’s been almost a year.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

this place has that new car smell but broke in comfy seats…

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I feel the same way. Time flies when you’re having fun :-)

@steria looks like he left after @mactacular disappeared, LMFAO!

Also @mactacular traded the CBR for a Ninja.. yeah, a ninja. Is that ban hammer worthy?

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

bambam:
    this place has that new car smell but broke in comfy seats…

Love it!!

@admin We may need a vote – haha

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@admin a ninja?? Really? I never did like that guy! LOL! It would only be worse if he got a gsxr.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I told him that he just bought the honda civic of sportbikes, because everyone has one and everyone customizes them at walmart. Apparently he got a sick ATV, the sportbike, and another toy for the trade of just his bike.. so more power to him. I’d be surprised if he didn’t have another 600rr or 1000rr within a year.

Profile photo of joekr
    joekr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Admin: Also @mactacular traded the CBR for a Ninja.. yeah, a ninja. Is that ban hammer worthy?

Holy hell man I hope not, or else I’m screwed….

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

LOL

Profile photo of roqet
    roqet
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Welcome!!

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@roquet must have hit the egg nog a little hard this year welcoming me to RideCBR

Profile photo of inkslingerxx
    inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Admin:
    @roquet must have hit the egg nog a little hard this year welcoming me to RideCBR

Hahahahaha

@dubv Its funny i was honestly just being nosey at the start when mac had that thread on .net I was honestly sceptical with his abrasive approach but glad i came for sure.

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I got a PM from @admin on .net when I was just new to the forums. It was great timing for me to try something new since I hadn’t been impressed with the attitudes on there which is why I was drawn to CBRF but there are more F4s and not as active. So much more like family here and I appreciate admin’s vision and all of you that make it a home!

Profile photo of joekr
    joekr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I think either I was doing a search or something and I ended up here…

I know that when I first got here Ink sent me a friend request as he recognized me ( the name ) from .net.

Glad I came here. People here are much more friendly than on some of the other boards I belong to…

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I agree. It’s amazing how every motorcycle forum I used to belong to were completely saturated with “cunty” behavior.. Here it’s more like a neighborhood club/bar where people come and shoot the shit. Love it.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’ve said from day one this place is like hanging out in a garage drinking a beer (or 10) with friends. Love it here.

Profile photo of joekr
    joekr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Dave C.: I’ve said from day one this place is like hanging out in a garage drinking a beer (or 10) with friends. Love it here.

Here here bro…

Now pass that damn bottle of Jack…. :wink:

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Or pass something else.. either way works with me. 8-)

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Hey @admin, welcome to RideCBR.com … I think you’ll really enjoy the place!! :-P

Jules

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Hi @juliet – I think you were the one that sent me here from 600rr.net. Glad I found the place.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.