Riding for peace and solitude…

RideCBR.com Forums Sportbike Pictures & Videos Riding for peace and solitude…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of shoichirohonda shoichirohonda 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Although I love my fun and fast rides, one thing that is equally appealing to me is the peace and solitude when I go off alone and into the mountains where I live … I don’t ride fast, indeed a very leisurely pace and I take in the beautiful scenery, stop a lot and take photographs…

On those days I’m in a kinda bliss and the video here shows some of the combined scenery and views I have whilst riding and taking pictures… hope you like :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUF__LMG8q0

Profile photo of raven
    raven
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Phhhht! :-P You are KILLIN’ me here, Jules!!!
    I am stuck here, six ways to Sunday, only able to imagine what it must be like to ride with you. That looks so awesome! With its castles and quays, canals and whatnot, it looks like you live on another planet from me. You have big sheep on your planet.
    Camera was held nice and steady during the ride images, and the fade effect was well applied to the still images. With your permission, I’d just like to say; damn girl, you got mad skills! Like safely riding a CBR with all the blind curves, dips and sheepshit I saw in the film. Is that Wales?
    Juliet, you know I never ride my HONDACBR1000 for “peace”, or “solitude”, and yet, I do often find them. :-D Thank you for this trip, G.

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Thank you Raven, all that riding and the still images I photographed are all North Wales here … I ride for both thrills and for getting away alone, for quiet time, for me time :-)

When I’m ‘out there’ and come upon an area of great beauty, often somewhere quite remote, I will stop and switch off the engine, take off my helmet and there is nothing but peace and quiet, maybe a small breeeze or sounds of birds … those times are heavenly and bliss….

Jules

Profile photo of freekman
    freekman
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Some times I ride like that, but then I see a fun turn and my leathers get hot so I always wind up taking it up a notch on twisties. But on the highway I try to take a more scenic route and keep my speed down and relax so that I don’t get a ticket

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Training Wheels

Looks like a very sunny place, that wee island. :wink:

Profile photo of shoichirohonda
    shoichirohonda
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Cool.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.