riding with music

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse riding with music

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of crash crash 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

do you ride with music? what kind of tunes? What kind of earbuds you use?

I use my i phone as my player , i listen to lots of crazy chit, i try to keep my hard core stuff alone due to over aggressive riding, i really dig a few reggae and polonesian playlist, it puts my mind in a good place. As far as ear buds, i love my scull candy buds, i have two sets , smokin buds, and my Holua’s , the smokin buds have a volume control , which i can use with gloves on, but mu Holuas sound better. all said , i really love to take my tunes with me for my rides..ive concidered mounting a small Nano ipod on the bike , but cant figure how to operate it with the gloves on? any ideas?

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

My helmet has bluetooth in it so I use my iphone to Pandora what ever I’m in the mood for from gangsta rap to funkadelic to classic rock- anything but country!!

Profile photo of inkslingerxx
    inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I constantly listen to pantera, Judas priest, Megadeth, FFDP, Lamb of god, and Trivium. I must agree it is not good in city traffic for over aggression lol.
    City traffic I listen to classical or some hendrix, zepplin, Boston, etc.
    I use my HTC thunderbolt with dre beats earbuds. Left one in my ear. Although I have ridden with both in its more of a mental thing because as long as you don’t have it blasting you can still hear everything around you. As I matter of fact I think the music drowns out the exhaust to the point where I hear everything else better.

inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Thought this would be helpful too.
    Ripped it from .net

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@inkslingerxx Okay that’s hard to read. What do the colors mean?

inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Oh sorry I just copy pasted.
    The green is mostly legal
    Red-mostly illegal
    Black- complicated

For instance VA is black and all the law says is helmet communicators are for communication only, but makes no mention of earbuds.

This is the best link for moto laws on and off road. Just select your state.

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/Rights/State-Laws.aspx

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

bambam:
    do you ride with music?what kind of tunes? What kind ofearbuds you use?

I use my i phone as my player , i listen to lots of crazy chit, i try to keep my hard core stuff alone due to over aggressive riding, i really dig a few reggae and polonesian playlist, it puts my mind in a good place. As far as ear buds, i love my scull candy buds, i have two sets , smokin buds, and my Holua’s , the smokin buds have a volume control , which i can use with gloves on, but mu Holuas sound better. all said , i really love to take my tunes with me for my rides..ive concidered mounting a small Nano ipod on the bike , but cant figure how to operate it with the gloves on? any ideas?

See my thread about my iPhone mount.. I can use my iPhone through my gloves

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I have klipsch, I think the s4s which have superior noise isolation by far! The buttons on the mic to control phone calls and music also aren’t hard to locate with your gloves. I can also make phone calls up to 40 mph with wind noise kicking in. It sucks because the mic sends your voice though your headphones during phone calls so it defeats the noise isolation when it’s windy because you hear the wind with your voice :/

inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I have klipsch for my home surround sound. Didn’t even realize they had earbuds this I will look into haha.
    I used to be supervisor for tv sales at circuit city before they shut down and I got a hell of a deal on them.

I got the dre beats earbuds cause I’m a monster cable fan boy lol

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

The beats are nice but I’ve had two pairs and they always broke on me :/

Profile photo of crash
    crash
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I do not ride with music….I let my engine’s revs sooth me. ….plus its illegal in VA and an extra distraction that I don’t need lol

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.