RIP Jason Owens @spdygak

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR News & Announcements RIP Jason Owens @spdygak

This topic contains 40 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of 94f2-08rr 94f2-08rr 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I just found out that Jason @spdygak passed away early this morning in a motorcycle accident. All that knew him know he was the kind of guy who would give you the shirt off his back.My thoughts and prays go out to his wife Tara and his children. You will be dearly missed @spdygak !

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru
    Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Absolutely sick over this. My prayers go out to his family.

I will truly miss you brother. Rest in peace buddy.

Profile photo of jnsracing
    jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’m shocked, and horribly saddened… I was checking FB this morning, looking at some of the pics of the huge stage for that concert he was showing pics of, and then as I made my way to more recent posts, I couldn’t believe what I was reading… think of Tara and the kids, and wish them well.

(((http://ridecbr.com/forums/topic/my-f2-builds/))) (((https://www.facebook.com/JNSRacing72)))

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Im in total shock and can’t control my emotions. We talked weekly if not daily and he was one of the kindest, funniest, generous and just plain nice people in this world. Jason.. you will surely be missed. It’s hard for me to even type. Rest in peace brother.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Rest in Peace to my RideCBR Brother.. Jason Owens who passed away from a motorcycle accident last night. Jason (spdygak) was a founding RideCBR.com member and to anyone that knew him he was a truely great, kind, generous man who would give you the shirt off his back, even if you didn’t ask. Jason will truely be missed by anyone he touched in his life. My heart goes out to his wife Tara and his kids. Rest in peace brother.

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your loved ones Jason! I am shocked and saddened to hear this terrible news. You were such a great guy and I will never forget you. Please be safe everyone!

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

This is the worst news I have heard in a long time, it’s heart breaking … not only was he such a sweet and genuine guy but after all that struggle to come back from the last crash, his new bike, for it all to just end like this ? … it’s just truly terrible.

I can’t imagine what his wife and children are going through, after all that to just lose him anyway … it really does make you question what we do…

I’m so sorry
    RIP Jason

Jules xo

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Profile photo of 94f2-08rr
    94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Jason was great. I enjoyed our conversations with him. He was the one that actually referred me to this forum. And while we had never met, I still considered him a friend. When MotoGP came to Indianapolis, I hoped he would make the trip. I was unfortunate enough to know him for a short period of time, but I know how much he impacted my life. As I sit here almost five hours after first hearing the news, I still find it hard to deal with.

Rest in Peace to a fellow rider, Jason Owens, @spdygak, my friend.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@admin will RideCBR be sending flowers?

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I would love to start a collection for flowers or for support for Tara (wife) and his kids.

Would you mind doing the collection @dubv? I am switching banks. Have no paypal for the moment.

Profile photo of seahorsesylv
    seahorsesylv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I just was checking my FB when I came across news of his accident. I’m stunned and very very sad. Jason and I became friends via bike forums but I got to know him better through FB. My heart is breaking for Tara and the kids. How very tragic. I’m at a loss for words. I wished we could have actually met in person. We had talked so many times. You were one of the good guys Jason……..I hope your riding all the best twisties heaven has to offer. RIP Jason

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

So sad to hear this.

He will be missed.

Profile photo of kewlbreeze
    kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

So very saddened to read about this. While I only knew Jason through our few online chats here, he was nothing but pleasant and friendly in our conversations. Even that says a lot about a person these days when so many online take the easier negative route. I’m positive that pleasant helpful manner was the way he was in person as well. My sincere condolences to his family and those close to him.

Please keep us posted if you set up paypal for flower donations.

Profile photo of volcom440
    volcom440
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

I met Jason a few years ago on another CBR forum and we became instant friends. Rode together constantly until finally he ended up getting me a job where he was the manager at. We became extremely close to the point where he was going to be in my wedding which is in October. I’m for a loss for words. I haven’t lost a friend I’ve lost a family member. He was literally one of kind. He would break his back just to help someone in need. He was my best friend….

Please keep the Owens family and friends of the family in your thoughts and prayers. Ride safe everyone. I wish no one would have to experience the shock and pain we are all in. Thankfully we only lived a few blocks from each other so I am close to his wife if she needs anything. Right now were supporting each other in this hard time.

volcom440
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

@kewlbreeze said:

Please keep us posted if you set up paypal for flower donations.

I haven’t thought about this before but if a decent amount of people would like to donate i can see about setting up the account.

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

How sad to hear this news am sorry to lose another brother to an accident prayers and condolences to family and friends. I havent been on the forums long but he still a brother to me so so very sorry

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Sad sad day for all to read and or hear the news I didnt know him in person but like many have stated he seemed like a great guy. At least he went doing the thing he loved riding. Like many of us do. RIP brother Jason sorry you had to go at such a young age, I am sure that you shared your heart and love with everyone that you ever met. Go with God brother.

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of crash
    crash
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Still have a knot in my stomach. Even having only ridden with Jason for a very short period; you knew he loved riding and was an awesome fellow! Always was smiling!

Profile photo of crash
    crash
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Absolutely terrible news! Truly had a love for riding and being happy always.

If you do setup a donation site….check out GoFundMe.com and let us know the link. Prayers for his family and friends!

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Very sad. It is always hard to hear of one of our own passing away from something we love and do almost everyday.

We should all keep in mind that riding is a very dangerous way to get around, I believe you are 24x more likely to die when you get on your bike versus get in a car. Riding at night or rush hour should be avoided whenever possible, as a matter of fact, a trauma surgeon once told me if you want to live a long life, be home by 10pm because nothing good happens after 10.

volcom440
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

I’ve started a donation page to benefit the Owens family, if anyone would like to donate feel free.
    http://www.gofundme.com/amghls

volcom440
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

I’ve started a donation page to benefit the Owens family, if anyone would like to donate feel free.
    http://www.gofundme.com/amghls

Profile photo of joekr
    joekr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I read this news on FB yesterday.

I didn’t know Jason in the real world, but knew him on a couple of forums.

As others have said, he was a great guy, and will be sorely missed.

RIP brother…

volcom440
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels
    Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@volcom440 thank you for sharing.

Profile photo of woo545
    woo545
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict
    movies (particularly Star Wars)

Damn it. He passed before the new movies :(

I’ve been avoiding this thread because it’s too damn depressing. He seemed like a likable fellow and it’s a shame to lose him.

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I found some comfort in these words when I lost my dad…

for Jason, and friends

Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there. I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow.
    I am the diamond glints on snow.
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
    I am the gentle autumn rain.
    When you awaken in the morning’s hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft stars that shine at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry;
    I am not there. I did not die.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Our hearts and thoughts go out to Jason Owens and to his wife and children as he is laid to rest today. I wish all of our members could be there today supporting. We are in spirit. RIP brother. Will miss you.

If you can, please donate, this will go to his wife and kids: http://www.gofundme.com/amghls

RideCBR will be sending memorial stickers and supporting gifts to the family as well.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Merged two topics together to stay organized.

Miss your presence here buddy. RIP.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.