RIP Jason Owens @spdygak

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR News & Announcements RIP Jason Owens @spdygak

This topic contains 40 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of 94f2-08rr 94f2-08rr 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cbrking1000rr
    cbrking1000rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

@jules that was absolutely beautiful! Who wrote that poem I’d like to look them up!

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@CBRKing1000RR said:
    @jules that was absolutely beautiful! Who wrote that poem I’d like to look them up!

Hello Chase :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do_Not_Stand_at_My_Grave_and_Weep

It was written by Mary Elizabeth Frye who lived a very long life (November 13, 1905 – September 15, 2004) was an American housewife and florist, best known as the author of the poem Do not stand at my grave and weep, written in 1932.

She was born in Dayton, Ohio, and was orphaned at the age of three. She moved to Baltimore, Maryland when she was twelve. She was an avid reader with a remarkable memory. In 1927 she married Claud Frye, who ran a clothing business, while she grew and sold flowers. The poem for which she became famous was originally composed on a brown paper shopping bag, and was reportedly inspired by the story of a young Jewish girl, Margaret Schwarzkopf, who had been staying with the Frye household and had been unable to visit her dying mother in Germany because of anti-Semitic unrest. Because people liked her twelve-line, untitled verse, Frye made many copies and circulated them privately. She never published or copyrighted the poem.

The identity of the author of the poem was unknown until the late 1990s, when Frye revealed that she had written it. Her claim was confirmed in 1998 after research by Abigail Van Buren.

I have a very nice printed version of it on my wall :-)

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Profile photo of ampp
    ampp
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I haven’t visited ridecbr.com in a few weeks and logged in this morning while having my morning coffee only to see the July bike of the month and the message on it. I was stunned, he was such a big part of this forum and although I didn’t know him like many of you, I feel as though I missed out on someone very special.

Our sincerest condolences to his wife and children from all of us at AMPP.

Rest in peace.

Tom

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I found this beautiful memorial video to Jason on another CBR forum … things like this always bring home how real the loss is to family and friends.

I was in tears before it was half way through…

RIP Jason, you are missed…

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Profile photo of dtone
    dtone
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

My deepest sincerest thoughts go out to his friends and family, he was just such a nice upbeat guy and always had a nice word for everybody. I didn’t speak to him a lot but saw him around the site, it feels strange him not being here. He will be sorely missed. RIP JASON

Profile photo of seahorsesylv
    seahorsesylv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Wow that video was touching…….thanks for sharing it here Jules.

Profile photo of inkslingerxx
    inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I just found out last week and it is still on my mind. When I was going through a rough period Jason and dubv both shared personal experiences with me and showed real concern on what I was going through. Even while I was inactive on the forums jason would periodically check in on me to make sure I was doing ok. That speaks volumes to his true character. Ive never had real support like that and he will truly be missed.

Profile photo of inkslingerxx
    inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Profile photo of 94f2-08rr
    94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

It has been almost a year to the exact time I heard the news. I was headed to the gym. Once there, I just sat on a bench. I didn’t feel like doing anything, but cry. So that is what I let myself do. I sat in the hot tub and sauna, away from any sort of crowd. We all still miss you buddy…

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@94f2-08rr your right tomorrow makes 1 year. I was just thinking about @Spdygak the other day and it hit me that this date was coming up.

Just look at all the posts from members who never met him or Jason’s friends on Facebook. He was an amazing person to know. I’m so glad I got a chance to meet and spend time with him. Jason you are truly missed brother.

Profile photo of 94f2-08rr
    94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@dubv – anytime he is tagged in someone’s post on FB and I see his smile, I almost sit and stare. He had an infectious smile. I would have liked the chance to meet him. I am sure his personality would have been the same.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.