ShakiRRa's Build

RideCBR.com Forums Member Build Threads ShakiRRa's Build

This topic contains 66 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dubv dubv 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’ve got some plans for my baby Shakira. She is a 2006 600RR Tribal Orange Edition. Stay tuned….

This is the day we met in June of 2011 and it was love at first site. She was bone stock.

She was in a guys basement in SE DC. It only had 4475 miles on it, and she just turned 13,000 yesterday.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

So my AWESOME wife and kids got me a Hyperflo exhaust for father’s day!!!! Can’t wait for it to here!

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Oh!!! And I ordered me a new helmet and gloves Friday. They will be here on Tuesday.

My new Lid

My new gloves. Alpinestares SP-X

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I like that helmet design, looks sick.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I think it will match the bike pretty good. I’ve had my eye on it for awhile now, so I figured I’d go head and pull the trigger.

I’ve got some major home improvements going on (kitchen remodel & new roof) over the next two weeks. If I can stay under budget I’m going to get an Arrow header and a PC5 to go with the new exhaust. Maybe a Pipercross air filter too.

Fingers crossed!!!

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Got my new gear in today. I love it! The exhaust should be here Friday.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

The Hyperflo Exhaust

I must have been too excited after I got the exhaust on to post.

Profile photo of mhjc0814
    mhjc0814
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@dubv I love your bike!

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@mhjc0814 Thanks… she’s a work in progress.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I never was a fan of the dual exhaust setups but that does look super sexy.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@admin are you checking my girl’s ass out? shame on you!

Profile photo of yanahmean
    yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@dubv I kinda miss not hearing my own bike riding next to yours.. this year man we have got to get some more riding in even tho im gonna be in de it can still happen

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@Yanahmean NO DOUBT!!!!

Profile photo of captainslow
    captainslow
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

definitely liking that twin pipe set up. awesome! :mrgreen:

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

lookin good Dave! I freakin love that Freaky Tiki lid !

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I don’t want to get everyone’s hopes up (especially mine)…. but I just got a line on an engine! 7k with the speedo for $500! Fingers crossed!

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@dubv $500 for 7k miles with speedo and WORKING seems a bit tight on the price.. Make sure you get it tested.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@admin said:
    @dubv $500 for 7k miles with speedo and WORKING seems a bit tight on the price.. Make sure you get it tested.

Def getting it tested! It’s the cheapest I’ve found so far… I hit C-list and Ebay weekly looking.

Profile photo of 09redblackrr
    09redblackrr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

if you ever maybe possibly wanan trade the hyperflo for a toce I might be interested ;) @dubv

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@09redblackrr I doubt I would be… It’s so… Man you just have to hear it in person! I had a guy offer me a full Yosh for it too. Just can’t part with it.

Profile photo of 09redblackrr
    09redblackrr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@dubv man i hear you, TOCE is the same way… its just so amazingZ I could never part with it unless it was a Hyperflo, i think thats the only thing i could want for it if i ever did get rid of it

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Did you ever find out why the other motor puked?

I searched craigslist in my area and olny found a 900RR motor for sale. lol (breakout the shoe horn!)

I put some feelers out with a few riding buddies for one too. But I hope that one checks out ok.

Profile photo of stansama
    stansama
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Damn that exhaust is sexy! I’m just the opposite of Admin, I prefer the dual tips. Do they make anything like that for the 03-06 RR’s? I love the style of the slash tip TOCE exhausts but as far as I know they only make them for the 07+

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@bambam Yeah! Some dumb ass forgot to tighten their drain plug. Then didn’t double check it when their buddy @Yanahmean pointed out the wet spot under the bike!

@stansama you would have to call Hyperflo ans see if the 05-06 would fit your bike. Mine is an 06. You won’t regret getting it! It sounds amazing! Here is the link:
    http://www.hyper-flo.com/cbr600.php

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Well just got a text… the engine was sold. :-|

Back to the hunt.

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@dubv sry to hear that my friend.. Hopefully something else comes along as good and soon the weather is starting to get nicer everyday. I really hope that you are able to get it back together before the skyline trip .. Like I said hopefully Monday I can pick up my fairings and swing by the house. I still have to wait to ride as well man hang in there it will all come around in do time

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@yanahmean Thanks Bro… I’m so frustrated I could pull my hair out… If I had any!

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@dubv you have some beard hair lol.. stay positive and do what ya can when ya can.. I have faith she will be up and running for skyline

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

As many of you know…. Shakira’s heart gave out the end of last summer.

After getting the engine out I could finally get a pic of the damage caused by losing the drain plug at 150+ MPH. Still not sure about internal but as for external…

Turns out the hole in the crankcase was larger than I thought.

After an extensive search I finally found an engine that met my criteria…. less than 7k and less than $800. I found one in NJ for $675 with 5k. So a few phone calls and an awesome road trip (I wasn’t paying $300 shipping). So I spent less than $100 in gas and food on an 8 hour drive. I also picked up a 520 Driven sprockets -1/+2 an orange EK chain conversion, a 12 o’clock Industries speedodrd, an OEM solo cowl. Dropped her swing arm and rear sets off at the powder coater’s and picked up all new bearings for the swing arm. Yesterday I got a new air filter, oil filter, oil, and coolant.

Hopefully today I can get her to fire up… fingers crossed. Still a lot to button up yet.

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Holy smokes @dubv that’s awesome.. I’m getting so excited.. I can’t wait for skyline.. I just ordered so e parts I needed for my fix today.. Should be getting my phone I. The mail in the next day or so . I will post pics of the damage when I get it.. By the way that did not take u that long to get the motor out n back in.. I hope u took pics so we can all see the process.. Keep us up to date on it..

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.