shit..bike wont start..

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse shit..bike wont start..

This topic contains 25 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mactacular mactacular 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I took the fairings off the bike today, cleaned the air filter, then tried to crank it up (fuel cap off) and it didnt crank…

I put the fuel cap back on and tried to crank it and nothing….I dont hear my fuel pump priming anymore…

should have a remote start on it soon though…remote start for a bike that wont crank…thats logic! ;)

anyone have a clue why my fuel pump isnt priming? is it because my speedometer wasnt on the bike? I unplugged my battery, and i hooked the speedo back up…ill try again in about 10 minutes…

idk if I unhooked something that wasnt supposed to be unhooked by accident?
    heres some pics!! lol

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I also sprayed my forks black…cause the first job was terrible cause the fairings were on….

and heres how my headers turned out..it probs wont last long though…lol..

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

hooked the speedometer back up to it and it cranked right up…hmm..weirdest thing ive ever heard of

Profile photo of atx600rr
    atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

That’s interesting.

Profile photo of inkslingerxx
    inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Glad you got it sorted.

You sprayed the headers with plastidip?

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@inkslingerxx no man, I sprayed them with some header paint! haha..that would be a MESS to spray them with plastidip bro!

Profile photo of inkslingerxx
    inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Haha. Yeah I was like Whaaaaa? I kept seeing everyone talking about using it and the thread that keeps poping up on active topics and you said it wouldn’t last long above the pic.
    That’s what I get for assuming.
    When I assume I make an ASS of U and ME lol

Profile photo of anubisphoenix00
    anubisphoenix00
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

@mactacular hey man going back to your fuel pump and speedo relationship….the cbr’s gauge cluster is an integrated part to the bike’s ECU connection between all the electronics on the bike. So you can say it’s a fail safe if the cluster is not connected, the ECU will cut power to the bike’s circuit to avoid damaging the engine. So the fuel pump not priming when you did not have your cluster connected was a fail safe ECU threw a red flag as the bike may have been in an accident and the cluster is disconnected disabling the circuit to allow the fuel pump to prime

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

they say curiosity killed the cat, but it was really it being an assumptuous bastard! ;)

Profile photo of anubisphoenix00
    anubisphoenix00
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

meh i believe in Schrödinger’s cat 50/50 chance that cat is alive kind sir

Profile photo of osker600
    osker600
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

You need to connect the cluster or u will get nothing….the blue and white to be exact….make sure tip over sensor good to

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@osker600 I already got it started bro….as I mentioned a few comments earlier, that was the problem..thanks for stating the already stated though ;) lol….does my key have to be in to start it too?! :p

Profile photo of bacaboy69
    bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Dude I have had the same problem b4 and when it happened I was so pissed I almost kicked my bike over bc right nowI dont have the time or money for work to be done one the bike. Hell when I painted my bike I put the entire front back together and on 5 diffrent times bc I couldnt get the bike too prime I thought it was a fucked up wire but when I took it apart the finaly time I found out I put my TIP sensor upside down……..

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels
    should have a remote start on it soon though…

I’m confused as to the reason to have a remote start on a bike, in a car you may want to have the heat on (winter) or A/C (summer), but my bike doesn’t have those options.

bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

@Fishfryer we have already had the convo about that exact topic in a different Topic

http://ridecbr.com/topic/remote-engine-start/#post-9689

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@fishfryer everybody fucking asks me why i need one on a bike..

why do you need heated seats in your car? why doo you need automatic roll up windows? why do you NEED anything…

YOU DONT.. you have it because you can, and because you like it, or because its badass…im kinda getting tired of every fuckiing person asking why I “NEED” a remote start…why does it matter? why do I NEED the $550 gilles tooling rearsets that are on my bike? why do I “NEED” the grips i put on? why do i “NEED” my flushmounts? why did I “NEED” my integrated taillight?? why did I “NEED” to black out my engine, swingarm, and rear pegs??

I DIDNT, I wanted to, so I did…shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit nigggggaaaaaaaaa!

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

learned something new today, the tip over sensor is located between your headlights…it has to be plugged into the bike and UPRIGHT in order for the bike to start!! hope this helps some of you guys in the future!

bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Lmao didnt i just explained that i did that b4…….. shouldny you have learned from my mistake????? Nooooo you had to gp and do it yourself.

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

no bacaboy, I took what you said and experimented with it :p lol

bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

lmao i see you did it your way. Hahaha

fishfryer
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

MACtacular:

why do you need heated seats in your car? why doo you need automatic roll up windows? why do you NEED anything…

YOU DONT.. you have it because you can, and because you like it, or because its badass…im kinda getting tired of every fuckiing person asking why I “NEED” a remote start…why does it matter? why do I NEED the $550 gilles tooling rearsets that are on my bike? why do I “NEED” the grips i put on?why do i “NEED” my flushmounts? why did I “NEED” my integrated taillight??why did I “NEED” to black out my engine, swingarm, and rear pegs??

I DIDNT, I wanted to, so I did…shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit nigggggaaaaaaaaa!

Sorry I asked, I just couldn’t fathom the thought of tapping into a bikes electronics and risk effing things up for the sake of doing it just to do it. I’m a little old fashioned I guess, after all I still drive a car with a carburetor without a choke on it, so the thought of a remote starting anything is beyond my realm of comprehension.

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

MACtacular:

YOU DONT.. you have it because you can, and because you like it, or because its badass…im kinda getting tired of every fuckiing person asking why I “NEED” a remote start…why does it matter? why do I NEED the $550 gilles tooling rearsets that are on my bike? why do I “NEED” the grips i put on?why do i “NEED” my flushmounts? why did I “NEED” my integrated taillight??why did I “NEED” to black out my engine, swingarm, and rear pegs??

I think what @fishfryer meant is what is the purpose of a remote start on a bike? all those other things serve some kind of purpose of some sorts…. only thing i can think of is having the bike ready for a quick getaway shaving off a full 2 SECONDS!

fishfryer
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Roman: I think what @fishfryer meant is what is the purpose of a remote start on a bike? all those other things serve some kind of purpose of some sorts…. only thing i can think of is having the bike ready for a quick getaway shaving off a full 2 SECONDS!

Also, you have to understand that I am amazed that you can push a button on the handlebars and something starts up, the thought of pushing a button on a key fob to start a bike is tantamount to thinking that the egyptians built the pyramids without help from aliens.

But the flipside is, I can imagine that if I had a remote starter on my key fob, I would probably adjust my balls as I am prone to do after a ride and while my hand was rooting around in my pocket the bike would start because I hit the start button. Then I would go in the store, maybe take a nap, maybe get laid, anyway when I walked out side the bike would probably be idling for 4 hours or even worse have run out of gas or overheated and warped the heads due to a coolant leak after idleing overnight even worse be stolen. So I really don’t think it is applicable to me given my bad luck and inability to use newfangled technology. But as with most things, I am happy that things like this make other people happy, if pushing a button that isn’t attached to your bike to start your bike makes you happy, then I am happy.

fishfryer
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels
    why do I NEED the $550 gilles tooling rearsets

HOLY SHITBALLS!!!! I thought you were joking when you said $550??????!!!!!! 8-O 8-O 8-O 8-O

But you-no-yanky-my-wanky.

I had to look them up.

They are very pretty.

Just for a point of reference, the first house I bought (1986), the annual property taxes were under $550 so I am easily shocked when I hear the prices of things. Back in 1986 I was only making $35,000 a year so $550 (after taxes) seemed like a lot of money when I heard it because I am old and very much stuck in the past. I don’t even do facebook, or twiiter because old people smell funny and we don’t have friends.

Profile photo of captainslow
    captainslow
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

the remote start seems about as useful as rubber lips on a woodpecker.
    i can’t see any instance i’d use it. i leave a bike in gear a lot especially on cambers so it doesn’t roll off the side stand. i assume it won’t start the bike in gear with a side stand down so i can’t see it being any use. if the bikes in the garage it might be left in neutral but i’m not going to remote start it up in there and fill the garage full of fumes before i come out to a warmed up bike. i’d always wheel the bike out the garage before starting it in which case pressing a button on the handlebar when i’m already right by my bike is no real hardship and probably easier than fumbling around for a keyfob in my jeans haha.
    lastly i reckon i’d be nervous of the idea of my bike starting up when i’m not right by it.

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Fish, your old smell is undoubtabley very different from the old smell others get. Your old smell is more likley to mell like a fresh pasta sauce with fresh garlic and basil. Or amaybe a fresh phesant and wine. Surely not Bengay and rash cream……….

The thought of remote start just gives me nightmares of showing it off to my friends on a cool night. I press the button, the bike goes to a high idle…………..and then takes off out of the parking lot because it was some how left in gear.

I can see a usefull side though. Since I ride year round, it would be nice not to have to step out in 20 degree weather to start my bike to warm up when I leave work at midnite! I could just push button, then suite up and walk out to a warm and ready bike. As apposed to the normal 8min. Wait just to see 100 degrees on the temp gauge.

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@fishfryer lol…I feel ya dude…I love the remote start/alarm…its awesome..luckily it has a 10 minute cutoff, so if it DOES happen to turn on accidentally, it will shut off after 10 minutes! (you have to press the start button twice in 3 second for it to start)

luckily I got the gilles tooling rearsets for free! ;) they were on the bike when I got it…along with about $3500 worth of other mods on it..SCORE!!!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.