Skyline Drive VA Ride Round 2

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse Skyline Drive VA Ride Round 2

This topic contains 194 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bmoreswimmer bmoreswimmer 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

OK guys let’s try this again…. I’m trying to get the word out early for next summer. We should try to figure out 2 days one for the ride and one for a rain date. This way we can get time off work for those of us that need to.

I’d say a week day so there’s less traffic. I’ll do some research and see when everything opens up for the season. The first trip last year we went a week too soon, and there was nowhere to eat or restrooms open.

@Yanahmean @inkslingerxx @thebearded1 @crash @hubbard2a @yellowcbrf4

Profile photo of thebearded1
    thebearded1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I’m down for it. For weekdays – any Monday and most Thursdays are good for me, other than that – I usually work Saturday, and off on Sunday.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Mondays are good for me, or a Sunday.

Profile photo of yanahmean
    yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

But I dont know if I will be able with the good news today.. maybe ill get my truck by then and bring the bike to @dubv house and ride down then

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

You figure the date and I’m comin. I will ride all the way up there. I love road trips!

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Yes!!!! where is the like button, oh wait, this isnt face book. Set it up!! I like the monday idea, least busy day of the week! once we have a date post it, pm it and lets get this thing going!!!!!

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

OK guys after checking the schedule at Skyline I have picked 2 dates. First date is June 10th with a rain date of June 24th. Both dates are a Monday which should have the lest amount of traffic. We can work out a time to meet as we get closer. Let me know if these days work for everyone.

@Yanahmean @inkslingerxx @thebearded1 @crash @hubbard2a @yellowcbrf4 @spdygak

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@dubv Without promising anything, I might be able to make it out there. I’ll be in NC in June anyway and should have the 1000rr i’m picking up fixed up and repaired by then.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@admin Let us know if we need to move the dates to get you there I’m sure everyone will be OK with it to get you there.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Well I found a nice 1000rr, it’s a 2007, and runs flawlessly. Idiot gunned it from a stop sign and skid it down the road and now mommy won’t pay the payments and he has to sell it. lol If we can work out a price, i’m picking it up, and rebuilding it over the winter.. If everything goes right I should have it by the 2nd week of January (going to vegas first week), and then can start tearing it apart. I’ll keep you updated but i’m going to NC with it when it’s done, might as well stop by and partake in the festivities. I’ll keep you posted.

Profile photo of thebearded1
    thebearded1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

^^^^^That would rock. 10 or 24 June works. Or if we have to move it for admin is fine too.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Set up whatever dates you guys can go and as we get closer i’ll chime in again.

Profile photo of kpru
    kpru
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

If I’m not overseas I definitely in!

hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

let me know what is going on, The 22 is my birthday But honestly as long as I can get it on the books for vaction, I dont care when it is……

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@bmoreswimmer I see your from Laurel, MD… that’s not too far. Maybe we can get that 1k out there?

Profile photo of bmoreswimmer
    bmoreswimmer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Hey I live in oxon hill now but always ready for a good road trip.

Profile photo of inkslingerxx
    inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@dubv @yanahmean check out your old hagerstown to “””” thread at .net crash and myself jave been chatting up a few more VA folks. I told them I would keep it updated with this info.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@inkslingerxx that’s cool I’ll check it out.

Profile photo of sk33m101
    sk33m101
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Im down! Be cool if anyone around me could meet up and ride down together havnt beem there since I was real young

Profile photo of borderline4laska
    borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Where are you guys going? Is there room for another rider? I live in southern Indiana, Im down for any road trip … And I can schedule any time off I need

youtube.com/borderlinealaska

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@sk33m101 I believe @hubbard2a lives near the eastern shore you guys might be able to meet up.

@borderline4laska ABSOLUTELY!!! The more the merrier?!
    Skyline Drive is a 105-mile road that runs the entire length of the National Park Service’s Shenandoah National Park in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, generally along the ridge of the mountains. It’s definitely one of those “bucket list” rides for most motorcyclists like Deals Gap. If you can make it it’s well worth the trip!

hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Yeah, im a little south of him. An hour, maybe less. Im right in the middle of the mid shore, In Hurlock. Not far from Easton. Witch is in talbot county.

Profile photo of borderline4laska
    borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I watched that whole video.. that road is amazing. Id really like to go. And also Im going to deals gap the first week of April. It will probably be a 2 or 3 day thing. Ive never been there, but Im really excited. Let me know what days you guys figure out and Ill look into getting the time off. VA is a 10 hour drive there for me so.. Id probably come a day early and crash in a hotel for a night , or pitch a tent or something Lol. Thats what I plan on doing for deals gap too because after riding so long Id rather rest before riding the good roads.

youtube.com/borderlinealaska

Profile photo of sk33m101
    sk33m101
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

My brother lives down in preston I could probably xrash at his place and meet up with you early in the morning depending on what time you wanted to leave

hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Im actually jus a couple miles from Preston Ford. The big Ford dealer just out side of town between Preston and Federalsburg. So yeah, if we can get a date and I can make sure I can get off work then it sounds good!!

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

The date is Monday June 10th. Also planed a rain date just in case. It’s the 24th.

Looks like a nice group if everyone can make it. I’ll set up an event and post the link here.

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Man I so wanna do this. Three days up and a couple to screw around and three days back? I’m so ready!

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@spdygak NO DOUBT!!! I’m really hoping All the “out’a town” guys can make it! If everyone makes it we’ll have guys from 7 different states, and that’s awesome.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Here’s the event post

http://ridecbr.com/events/skyline-drive-ride-round-2/

If your interested in staying updated on this ride subscribe

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I am going! I will have to map a route through FL and see if I can pick up any pathetic lifeforms along the way :wink: {Star Wars reference for you non-nerds) I dunno if anyone else is crazy as me but I’m road trippin it all the way on the bike!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 195 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.