So I was riding along thinking….

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse So I was riding along thinking….

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of yellowcbrf4 yellowcbrf4 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

… that the government requires you to wear seat belts and have kids of certain height/ weight requirements in a car seat and you have to have insurance and all these things in the name of safety in order to protect the public from themselves, right? It is interesting that they have not made it a requirement for gear other than a helmet. Not that I believe in the government and their ability to make better decisions than I can “for my own good”. It’s just an observation. I don’t want them meddling in my choice to ride how I like. I can’t stand the fact I don’t have a choice to wear a seat belt or not. I am a big proponent of free will and free thinking and each of us has to take responsibility for our actions. The road rash each squid bears should be their own. Just a thought…

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I think that it should be a state by state decision on gear and that it should require AT LEAST a protective jacket and helmet.

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Meh no jacket for me in summer so I don’t like that

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

I completely get you wanting the freedom to decide, but each person that rashes themselves up or hurts themselves really badly isn’t just their own problem, they become everyone else’s too … they end up coming to us and the doctors and nurses have to fix them back up … the upset to family and friends, children and time off work, the list goes on and on … so, while it feels like a liberty loss, it’s the lesser evil … I am very much a free spirit but still believe it should be law to wear a seatbelt in a car and on a bike a helmet, preferably a good jacket too. It’s simply the lesser evil…

Jules

Profile photo of seahorsesylv
    seahorsesylv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

In Canada there is a mandatory helmet law in effect already. They have also just updated this law to make those so called “beanie” type helmets be banned. Now they all have to be DOT certified and most of the “beanies” arent. I totally get that some peeps don’t want to ride with gear but I can’t imagine ever not choosing to wear a helmet. As for gear, I won’t ride my bike unless I’m in full leathers…………hitting a deer and high siding will make you think twice about wanting full gear. Thankfully for me I was wearing a full face helmet and full leathers when I had my “off”

Profile photo of yellowcbrf4
    yellowcbrf4
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Here in Pa we dont have to wear helmets. I don’t agree with it. I dont wear a jacket in the Summer, but I will not ride without a helmet.

Profile photo of yellowcbrf4
    yellowcbrf4
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

And also, I personally have to agree with the seatbelt laws. I am a firm believer that it should be our own choice.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.