Sometimes I get jealous of the skills of others

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse Sometimes I get jealous of the skills of others

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bambam bambam 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of woo545
    woo545
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Pretty awesome video of the guy heading down the slopes of Val Blanc, France. It’s been well over 10 years since I last skied. I have a feeling it be an arm flailing disaster if I went now.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

That was an awesome video woo, They set up a killer course, i liked it when he blew thru the lift station and pulled out the back flip ,The shot thru the cave/tunnell, and ripping thru the grass-hahaa , good stuff bud. unreal skills. i miss snow skiing soo bad. Anybody get to go this year?

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@woo545 sweet video! @bambam I plan on buying new boots and bindings this season. We just got 2 feet of fresh pow! I am a bit apprehensive because I have not been up since I cracked my heal and blew out all the tenants in both my feet. I used to be a back country guy, bombing chutes and pillow tops. Or a terrain park day with my favorite lofty, backside 180’s and just started getting good at sticking backside 360’s. I practically lived on the slopes and had an unlimited pass for the better part of a decade, plus went to a new resort out of town as often as possible. I am sad that part of my life has been on hold for so long but hope to get my daughters up so we can start a new venture. My wife used to teach skiing and I grew up on sticks but I switched to snowboarding in high school. MAN I MISS IT SOOOOO MUCH! Thanks again for sharing this awesome vid woo ;-)

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Amazing video, I really liked the bald eagle in the shot @ 2:33 into the video. More skills in his little finger then I have in my whole body. I grew up in warm weather and never had the desire to snow ski. Others make it look so easy but I know its not. Thanks @woo545 for the share.

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of kgprice
    kgprice
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Sweet go pro action!

Kevin
    Pittsburgh, PA
    2001 Honda CBR 929RR Respol Edition

Profile photo of derrick
    derrick
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

I used to do stuff like that, but I had a ton of surgeries and had to stop. It’s been really hard because that’s all I’ve done most my life. but after 23 surgeries, I had to retire… I’m not gonna lie, it’s been hard trying to be normal. been riding over a 100 days a year most my life, now nothing… :poundinghead:
    So, I understand being jealous of this kid.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@theredrocket – I lived in Boulder Colorado when i was young and my Dad took me to all the killer resorts to ski , i have the most killer memories of Pops driving us to the places and getting there at dark:30 in the morning so we could be one of the first folks there when the lift opened , man did we see our share of fresh powder.A couple of my favorites where Breckenridge and Sugar mountain , those places were sick back then. We were pretty good skiers as i remember and we would kill the blue slopes even tried a few Black diamonds here and there. I still have my old set of Rossingnol Dave cook Skis! I miss snow skiing soo bad.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.