Sticky: Reporting Spam Users, Posts, Messages

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR News & Announcements Sticky: Reporting Spam Users, Posts, Messages

This topic contains 105 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of 74demon 74demon 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 91 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@jnsracing – Removed. If you see anything like that, go to their page, and click report user for me :-) Thanks.

Profile photo of jnsracing
    jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@admin said:
    @jnsracing – Removed. If you see anything like that, go to their page, and click report user for me :-) Thanks.

Got it… I thought I had read something somewhere about the “Report User” option, but thought it could be accessed through the “fly-out” menu, when you hover over the user’s avatar, so I thought maybe that hadn’t been implemented yet.
    Anyway, thanks for your help with this crap – I’ll use that link if I see something like that again.

(((http://ridecbr.com/forums/topic/my-f2-builds/))) (((https://www.facebook.com/JNSRacing72)))

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

No worries, and thanks bud.

Profile photo of kewlbreeze
    kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Anyone know wtf our Karl Childers (Sling Blade) friend is up to with the yahoo email jacking? I have a pretty good guess but just curious if anyone knows for sure? I received 3108 more yahoo “account changed” .. “verify account” etc.. yahoo emails today.

I’m not worried, just curious.

Thanks in advance

p.s.

Profile photo of cbrclassic
    cbrclassic
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Yer the dick wad just shot me a 500+ email bomb using (yahoo-account-services-@cc.yahoo-inc.com) …
    Seems my reply to Juliet got his bored arse’s attention last night here …. lol

What a FUCKING twat ! lololol LMFAO !!
    A one click effort for me to delete ….. but hey , what a statement about who ever this dick is ? lolol

onyu ….., yu bloody idiot :-)

and BTW …..
    As long as I take ten seconds of your lame arse life!! .. in the time you take’s you to send these pathetic chit things to me …..

I am more than happy to waste 10 second of my life to delete them in return :-)

geese mate , GET A LIFE :-( LOLOLOLOL

Profile photo of dtone
    dtone
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

:)

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’m working on a modification to the site that will throttle member activity, more for new members, less for established members. This will help limit the amount of spam any spammer could make, before they are flagged, or removed by myself.

Keep using the report user button across the site, it helps and speeds up everything.

Also try not to reply to spammers, I delete their posts, and then all that is left is posts attacking a post that has already been deleted.

Thanks guys (and gals).

Profile photo of kerosene
    kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Dude @admin whats with the move the woman into the middle nonsense… Couldnt even tell there was a woman

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@kerosene – New security feature. I’ve removed it from everywhere except new member registrations.

So far it’s cut down on spam member registrations by 80%.

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I had to do it twice now, but im not a new memer, wth?

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

When you said something I checked the settings. It was set for logins and comments. Removed both now so it’s for new registrations and password resets only.

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Awesome, will finally stop getting 200 pasdword resets a week

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I hope so. Unfortunately, I can protect from just about anything.. except for assholes literally sitting at their computer filling out forms and clicking away to harass normal people. Must be a pathetic existence.

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

You’d be surprised how pathetic people can be

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

After running online communities, websites, etc for years.. i’m really not surprised by anything anymore.
    I almost expect it from lowlifes.

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

If they weren’t low Lifes, they’d have no life at all.

Which would be okay.

Viewing 16 posts - 91 through 106 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.