Still riding in November.

RideCBR.com Forums Sportbike Pictures & Videos Still riding in November.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nueyf4i nueyf4i 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of borderline4laska
    borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Southern Indiana.. Getting cooler but its still been reasonable enough to ride. no snow that is Lol

youtube.com/borderlinealaska

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

How low has the daytime temp got so far? It’s 8C here in NW London, England this morning (8:24 am) and will get to a max of 10 or 11 I guess.

Yes I’m still riding about once a week but only for ‘fun’ – thankfully don’t need the bike for work and can use the car when it’s too cold or icy.

Do you have heated grips on your bars?

borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

No sir, no heated grips. I usually wear gauntlett race gloves but in winter I use some name brand snowboarding/skiing gloves.If its really cold, Ill throw a couple hand warmers inside them. Ive considered getting battery powered heated gloves but thats still just an idea. :)

Profile photo of lemarck234
    lemarck234
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Heated grips would definitely help me out. Layers and layers are fine with me, except when it comes to gloves. Often times my cold fingers are the only reason I cut a ride short on the cold days.

JeanLemarck - Survival of the Squiddest

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I don’t like winter gloves either; they’re too thick and cumbersome. Trouble is even heated grips don’t keep your fingertips warm with the wind-chill & all. I guess heated GLOVES work better but I am reluctant to use those as I don’t want wires trailing around. My latest idea is Hand Guards for my touring bike the CBF1000. You don’t have that particular Honda model in the States I think? Anyway they do some handguards called Barkbuster Storms which can be fitted to virtually any bike. But they wouldn’t look great on a sportsbike lol.

borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@saturnv I think the cbf1000 is called a hornet here in the states, I could be mixed up though.

But yeah Im not down for wires on my gloves, they make battery powered ones Ive been looking at though

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@borderline4laska Hi, Over here we had a CBF600 (not made anymore) but that used a de-tuned Hornet engine and there was a naked Hornet 600 also no longer available I believe…

The closest thing you have to CBF1000 in the U.S. is a CB1000R – which is also marketed in U.K. – got the same engine and mechanics as the CBF although it’s unfaired and a bit lighter and definitely a lot funkier looking. Appeals to riders who still want a more flexible (sensible?) sports bike than the RR (or Fireblade as it’s always been called over here…

But I could be wrong too :socool:

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I have some macna heated gloves I picked up from revzilla.com They set me back a couple hundred bucks but are worth it whenever I choose to ride my F4i on a cold day. They come with a y harness, 4 temp regulator and a quick disconnect that goes directly to the battery. They can heat up to 160 degrees. The coldest I’ve ridden with them so far is 28 degrees and my hands were toasty.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.