STOCK OR AFTERMARKET FAIRINGS??

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse STOCK OR AFTERMARKET FAIRINGS??

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cbrman50 cbrman50 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of osker600
    osker600
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

What do u prefer or think looks better stock or aftermarket fairings and stock exhaust or aftermarket?? Let me hear what you gota say..

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

gotta get a bigger pic of that playboy

stock exhaust is no good,… only after market IMO

Stock fairings only if you need to buy a Fairing or 2 but whole set is a waste of money even though in my own experience my aftermarket fairings where a complete disappointment because when my bike crashed in the front.. ALL my fairings broke. thats aftermarket for you.. not as good quality but a fraction of the price.

Profile photo of freekman
    freekman
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Yeah I mean stock fairings are gonna be the best quality but at a large premium. I’m looking into some of those fatal cycle farings they are a little more but people have been saying they have good quality products

Profile photo of atx600rr
    atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Fairings – Aftermarket if you know how to use a drill and heat gun.
    Exhaust – Aftermarket looks better, sounds better and is less weight.

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

@ATX600rr not always the case bro. I got my Repsol fairings form china and everything lined up as good as dealership fairings. no joke i didnt’t have to do any modifications and everything looked great. it was cheap quality though not gonna argue there.

Profile photo of atx600rr
    atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Thats good to know. I have never done them personally but when I do im gonna atleast clean up the bolt/push pin holes with my drill.

Profile photo of cbrman50
    cbrman50
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Honestly for the fairings u can get the same fairing set of aftermarket as OEM for the quarter of the price it just depends where you go.
    I kno from experence that fatal cycles fairings are top notch quality

Profile photo of speedynas
    speedynas
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

@cbrman50 THANK you for mentioning Fatal Cycles. I didn’t know of them before now and it looks like they are about to get my business.

To the OP I agree with the others. Aftermarket ANYTHING looks/acts better if it’s done right esp. exhaust. Fairings are such a gamble at times. Too many people buy cheap stuff only to get burned. Save for the good stuff or as @Roman put it here just buy what you need if you’re just interested in replacing broken/faded fairings or want to spice up your color scheme a bit.

cbrman50
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Ya man check them out fatalcycles.com they are also on Facebook they also have great customer service

speedynas
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I’m on their site now. They have some good stuff. Just shot them an email about fairings and flush mount blinkers. I love their design. Always exciting to find a new store for bike parts. My checking account hates me. :(

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

hey nick, fatalcycles are good guys to go with!!! thats who im gonna get my cracked fairing from!

speedynas
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Agreed they have a good thing going. I found one on their Fb that I like. Might mess around with the design just to have something that is my own. Plus you know my year has that extra plastic at the bottom. *cusses Honda

cbrman50
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

What year do u have??

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.