Sitewide Forum Rules – Read First

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR News & Announcements Sitewide Forum Rules – Read First

This topic contains 37 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of 94f2-08rr 94f2-08rr 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Since RideCBR runs on a points system, is a social network, as well as a full forum, we’re going to have to have a rules page. I’ve added new rules that go into effect today, and if you violate any of the rules, your posts will be deleted.

1. RideCBR now has a Points Fine. Every post that violates one of these rules, will be deleted, and 25 points will be deducted from your points total. I feel that if someone posts something that shouldn’t be on RideCBR, they should loose points, instead of just keeping the points, even though the post was deleted.

2. Your posts/activity will automatically deleted if you post anything offensive, racial, offensive, etc. toward another RideCBR member. We’re not in elementary school, let’s play nice. It’s a pain to go through and delete posts when I should be working to improve RideCBR and promote.

3. Posts that are considered spam, in any way, will be deleted.

Spam includes:

– Advertising by companies for profit without being a RideCBR contributor or sponsor.
    – Posting copy/pasted articles or posts from any other website or forum, obviously just to gain points.
    – Posting replies directly after yourself repeatedly, to gain points.
    – Posting one word replies over and over again, obviously to gain points.
    – Registering an account solely to post links on your activity wall, within status updates, or on our Honda CBR Forum.
    – Posting any links to promote other websites within your first 10 forum topics, 20 forum posts, or 10 status updates.

4. Talking about other forums is okay within conversation and within reason. Opening new topics to discuss and promote other forums is going a bit too far, and at our discretion, posts may be deleted.

5. YOU MUST HAVE 250 RIDECBR POINTS TO USE THE PRIVATE MESSAGING SYSTEM OR TO START A NEW RIDECBR GROUP. This is to protect from spam and bots. Please don’t abuse this to be able to PM people or start a group, you’ll end up being banned.

6. A moderator or admin on RideCBR.com can at any time access your RideCBR.com for any of the following reasons: (1) Member to member dispute resolution/investigation. (2) Spam/Hacking attack prevention/verification. (3) General Troubleshooting during/after sitewide updates.

7. Members on RideCBR.com are not allowed to delete their own accounts. If you would like your account deleted please contact us via email (contact link in the menu above) or PM @admin.

8. Due to spam registrations, the following email address domains are not able to register on RideCBR.com: YAHOO.COM OR ANY .RU OR .DE EMAIL DOMAIN NAMES!

9. In regard to any RideCBR point related including games, contests, giveaways, prizes, etc.. Anyone found colluding or cheating in any way can and will be banned from ALL RideCBR.com contests, giveaways, games, etc. This includes messaging ”tactics” or ”strategies” between members to give an unfair advantage in any of our promotions. This is to keep every promotion/game on a level playing field for all members.

10. Important Rules for Forum Signatures:
    a. You can choose to either use a text or image signature. You cannot use both.
    b. If you choose to use a text signature, the maximum number of displayed lines is (3).
    c. If you choose to upload an image signature, you cannot have any additional text anywhere.
    d. Image signatures max dimensions are 550px by 75px.
    e. NO LINKS TO ANY PAGE OUTSIDE OF RIDECBR.COM ARE ALLOWED.
    f. Site Sponsors may post up to (3) links but cannot exceed 3 lines of text.

11. New registrations on RideCBR.com will require a REAL email address. Mailinator.com and other disposable email addresses will not be allowed to register. THIS INCLUDES YAHOO AND HOTMAIL EMAIL ADDRESSES.

More rules will be added as we go. You can suggest, comment, or discuss the rules below. I will change, update, and add to this list periodically, so check back often. I’m not trying to limit posts, or discussions, or be a hard ass here, but without general rules, a community as powerful and large as RideCBR can be, will get out of control quickly.

Thank you for being a member!

Profile photo of broccoli2
    broccoli2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Seams reasonable to me… You should throw no bashing in too

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Rule #2 covers that in my eyes.

Rules simplfied: Post trash posts that don’t help anyone, I delete them, you loose points.

If anyone really keeps doing it, and you loose a million points because you’re a pain in the ass, you’ll be warned.

If after that you keep doing it, you’re banned. (Hopefully we don’t have to go that far but who knows.)

Profile photo of broccoli2
    broccoli2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

haha… I guess I was skimming and missed that.. Thanks for clearing that up @admin

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Fair enough. Definitely don’t need negative jerk offs ruining my day.

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

the only reason I typed this comment for 5 points…

LMFAO..jk, nice set of starter rules we got there..im sure this list will fill up rather quickly as we have new members heading our way

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Feel free to suggest any rules to be added as we go.

Profile photo of tnkopher1
    tnkopher1
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Good look on no flame war, these are pretty straight forward. good to be here

Profile photo of thebearded1
    thebearded1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Seems legit. Pretty straightforward and simple. I like it.

Profile photo of inkslingerxx
    inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome bearded1 nice to see another familiar member lol

Profile photo of flycbr
    flycbr
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

What would be considered offensive?..Not being a wise ass but I’ve been on a few forums and there are people from different parts of the country and even the world in some cases and what someone might consider offensive, another might consider funny, or simply not offensive…just saying….

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@flycbr I think you just have to look around and get a feel for the interactions of the group. We poke good fun at each other, a bit of trash talking. Just remember don’t personally attack anyone and you’re right, there are people from around the world so don’t go ripping up someone else’s country or lifestyle. Be sure to introduce yourself in the New Member forum and be serious about gettin to know people before pushing the boundaries :wink:

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@flycbr we are a loose and fun community, almost anything goes, as long as it’s not bashing another member.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@flycbr @spdygak said it perfectly! Once you get to know some people it’s like hanging out in their garage having a beer. Most of the trash talking goes on in the picture games. LOL!!

Profile photo of chriscrash
    chriscrash
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Very good rules m8.

Profile photo of crf4i
    crf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

thanks for the good rules this forum is waaaay more relaxed than any other one for literally any topic… so happy theres no bashing! just people who love their bikes and love to ride!

Profile photo of spdfrk
    spdfrk
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I don’t like rules either, but they are necessary. I like the ones listed. Simple and straight forward, should be easy to follow and enforce.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@spdfrk You’ll learn that RideCBR isn’t like the rest of the forums out there. We’re all riders looking to have a place to hang out online and kick back, rather than bash and bully everyone that signs up like on other sites. Welcome again and hopefully you’ve found your new online home for hours of addicting cbr talk.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Added a couple rules for new members who link in status updates, activity posts, and on the forum just to promote another website.

Profile photo of bmoreswimmer
    bmoreswimmer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I agree to these terms… lol

Profile photo of rhyno900
    rhyno900
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Nice set of rules, good to know.

Profile photo of brisbane600rr
    brisbane600rr
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

nice rules man good call

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Added a new rule/policy for RideCBR.com:

6. A moderator or admin on RideCBR.com can at any time access your RideCBR.com for any of the following reasons: (1) Member to member dispute resolution/investigation. (2) Spam/Hacking attack prevention/verification. (3) General Troubleshooting during/after sitewide updates.

Profile photo of orangecbr900
    orangecbr900
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Im sure with these rules everything will go great

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Added new rule:

7. Members on RideCBR.com are not allowed to delete their own accounts. If you would like your account deleted please contact us via email (contact link in the menu above) or PM @admin.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Added another rule today:

8. Due to spam registrations, the following email address domains are not able to register on RideCBR.com:
    @techie.com, @mail.ru

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Adding rules as we go..

New rule:

9. In regard to any RideCBR point related including games, contests, giveaways, prizes, etc.. Anyone found colluding or cheating in any way can and will be banned from ALL RideCBR.com contests, giveaways, games, etc. This includes messaging ”tactics” or ”strategies” between members to give an unfair advantage in any of our promotions. This is to keep every promotion/game on a level playing field for all members.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Added forum signature rules. Applies to all members, immediately. Please review.

10. Important Rules for Forum Signatures:
    a. You can choose to either use a text or image signature. You cannot use both.
    b. If you choose to use a text signature, the maximum number of displayed lines is (3).
    c. If you choose to upload an image signature, you cannot have any additional text anywhere.
    d. Image signatures max dimensions are 550px by 75px.
    e. NO LINKS TO ANY PAGE OUTSIDE OF RIDECBR.COM ARE ALLOWED.
    f. Site Sponsors may post up to (3) links but cannot exceed 3 lines of text.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Outlook.com addresses are flooding in as spam. We have to disable those. If you have an outlook.com email address, they system will ask you to re-register a new email address.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

New Rule:

11. New registrations on RideCBR.com will require a REAL email address. Mailinator.com and other disposable email addresses will not be allowed to register. THIS INCLUDES YAHOO AND HOTMAIL EMAIL ADDRESSES.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.