The second Amendment, My other hobby……

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse The second Amendment, My other hobby……

This topic contains 16 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jules jules 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Im an avid shooter as well as motorcyclist. I have several fire arms that I shoot regularly… Here are a few of my guns.

On top is a Mossberg A-B 500 That I modified for home defense, Middle gun is a Ruger p-94 in .40 S&W, and the bottom rifle is a High Point Carbine chambered for the .40S&W pistol cartridge.

This is a S&W .38 Special, it was actualy a local town cops service revolver. It was given to my grand Father as a gift, and later handed down to me. I actualy love to shoot it, it is a lot of fun and not to pricey to buy ammo for.

Recently I purchased an AR-15 and have begun to modify it.

This is how it sits right now, A micro red dot, Magpul furniture and 8 High cap Mags.I still have plenty more inmind though for it before I am done.

If your into Guns or some other hobby thats a lil out of the norm, post up some pics and tell us about it!!!

Profile photo of bacaboy69
    bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I want your AR-15 plz lmao. Wish I had those toys!

Profile photo of raven
    raven
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Astounding hobby, Hubbz.
    They all look lethal, extremely so.
    The modern AR-15 has a versatility that was only a dream in my youth.
    Mr. Mossberg’s street-sweeper has a voice to still a conflict.
    It’s the S&W .38 Special that evokes an emotional response though. That pistol is priceless!
    I gotta pellet rifle and scope for Sky. He’s already got the cuts to the forehead, from bangin’ into the scope. I got the same scars on my brow, from the same stupid thing. I’m so proud! :mrgreen:

On the surface, objectively, riding armed seems a bad idea. Since motorcycling is inherently dangerous, why add lead poisoning to the mix?
    Subjectively, I feel the opposite.
    Mr. Hubbard, what are your views on riding armed?

hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

well, Raven……it is a complicated in todays world to exactly answer that. So maybe this will answer your question. Abraham lincoln made all men free. Samuel Colt made all men equal………………..

There is also a little known law on the books that I tend to take to heart. I goes somthing to the effect of this.

“A well regulated Malitia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

Seriously, this isnt somthing I take lightly. With great power, comes great responsability.

the citizens of the state of Maryland have sued the state and won, the state is appealing. bacily the state says we need to show proof of impending danger or harm to be elidible for a CC permit. The supreme court judge ruled that the 2nd amendment makes that illegal to require of us…….When the state has lost and Mayland becomes a “shall Issue” State, I will apply…… In the mean time, carry of any kind is illegal with out a permit.

Profile photo of raven
    raven
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I thought you might have a good insight to this. Not to jack the thread but, I’ve an interest in obtaining a CCpermit.
    So, as rezident of MD, I could ride armed, if also armed with a CC permit?
    Is the permit weapon-specific?
    Could I get a CCpermit by declaring that my apartment complex has a high enough violent crime history, that it “proves impending danger or harm”? What about my neighborhood, my city, my country even?
    Back to motorcycles, though…To feel fully secure, riding armed, I’d want proficiency in the disciplines of both motorcycling and firearms handling. Like many things, one can balance the risks against the knowledge, skills, and abilities gained from experience.

“Pax Roma”__Centurion.

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Beautiful guns you have there Hubb one of these days i will attempt to get my beauties up here on this page…but until then keep living the america dream

Profile photo of atx600rr
    atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Nice collection. I recently sold my S&W MP15 to help purchace my cbr.. I wish I could have kept it so I’m sure I will buy another one in the near future. Right now I’m happy with my two pistols. 1 is a Ruger LCP .380 and the other is my Kimber Raptor. Here is a pic of my pride and joy.

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I know this is an old post, but I too love to shoot. My current arsenal includes a Glock 21, Glock 26, Remington 870 supermag, Romanian PSL54, 1943 Mosin Nagant, Model 1891 Argentine Mauser, Beretta CX storm carbine in 9mm, Busmaster XM15, HK USP 45 Tactical, HK G36 in .23, and an HK MP5 in .22. . . . Just recently sold my Taurus 99af in 9mm and a Yugo M24/47. . . . Beauty of Virginia us we can do face to face purchases and sales between Virginia residents with no FFL or middleman. . . Oh, and whenever BATFE processes my Form 4, I will finally get to take my Blackside 45 home from my FFL. . .

Profile photo of lemarck234
    lemarck234
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Glad this post got bumped up!
    Riding, Disc Golf, and Shooting are my 3 top hobbies. My most used guns right now include Smith&Wesson M&P Tactical AR-15, S&W M&P 9mm sidearm, Hi-Point 995TS carbine, and Savage Axis .223 rifle. Great hobby, and a great way to blow off some steam!

Here is a picture from the last outing with a few friends.

JeanLemarck - Survival of the Squiddest

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’ll post more oics, but here is one of the latest additions to my collection HK G36 in 22lr

hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Wow! This post blew up! Haha. I Will load up some new pics soon! :-)

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I have a solution for all Maryland residents who want to carry concealed. . move to Virginia. I’ve never heard of anyone having issues getting their CCW here. . . no magazine restrictions. . any firearm that has ever been made is legal here with the exception of the street sweeper “or like weapon” so unless you want to carry a 12 gauge shotgun with a 12 round mag and adjustable stock(specified in the Code of Virginia), then Virginia is for you! The bonus for me as a law enforcement officer is that I am granted the right to carry concealed in the lower 48 and the District of Columbia. .the only requirement is that I also carry my Department credentials. . .Thanks to the Law Enforcement Safety Act of 2004 signed into law by president George W Bush. . . even carries over after I retire. . .only requirement us that I qualify once a year. . .

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Finally was able to take physical ownership of my supressor that I purchased on Christmas Eve last year. If anyone here is interested in getting one patience is key. Purchased it from the original owner in Florida, through a dealer. After the processing was done on their end, my dealer here in Virginia got at the end of March. Check and paper work was sent to the BATFE on March 22 and I received my approved Form 4 with my stamp on August 16. I got a killer deal on it and paid less than half of retail. Only thing left to do is go to the range:) Here are pics of it on my Glock 21sf and my HK USP 45 tac

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Please remember that Tuesday is Election Day.

Not only is your second amendment right at risk, but your first.

If you watch a channel like MSNBC you will not see the facts about the criminal FBI investigations against Clinton, only minor lawsuits against Trump. Today I saw a Republican point out that Hillary’s mentor, Saul Alinsky, had dedicated his book ‘Rules for Radicals’ and was immediately cut off.

I am a registered independent, we should all be suspicious of the media. Both sides lie, FOX, CNN, MSNBC all withhold information or flat out lie to us. Please take the time to look at other sources and make your decision.

Oh… by the way, my favorite gun is my Beretta 92F. I’ve owned it my whole adult life. It was made in Italy and hase the most lovely trigger. The trigger is better than the CMC single stage in my AR.

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

My wife and I cast our votes yesterday! Remember that you are not only voting for President, but also for a Supreme Court Justice!

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Most people have no idea about the real psychopaths running the show. The rabbit hole goes way beyond deep.

There is an evil here that most just can’t see.

All your mainstream news media etc has been lying and giving out misinformation for longer than you think. It is absolutely controlled.

You should be more than suspicious of your media. You’ve been lied to your whole lives.

The whole thing is a show…you’re watching the ‘movie’ they want you to see.

I still don’t like guns but you may need them now 😞

Jules

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.