Time for an upgrade?

RideCBR.com Forums General Tech Discussions Time for an upgrade?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of 02gtfl 02gtfl 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

So today while out hitting up a picture game challenge I stopped in the local Honda shop. No real reason to be there… Just cause. As I was browsing through the shop I bumped in to this…

Currently I have an 06 Tribal Orange 600RR. I absolutely LOVE my bike! The color, the power, It’s paid for. But now I’m considering an upgrade to the 20th anniversary 1000RR. Last April I bought my first crotch rocket an 01 F4i. I planed to keep it for a while, and then upgrade to a 600RR. I made it 2 months. By the end of June I had my Tribal RR. I really have no interest in getting rid of my bike, but now I’m not sure.

Has anyone had any experience with the new 1000RR? Pros/Cons? Have any of you upgraded from 600RR to a 1000RR? Pros/Cons. You guys get the picture.

Here’s my baby now

My old 01 F4i

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Go get that 1000rr right now. I had a 600rr as my only mode of transportation during college, and love it, until it was stolen. Been test riding a 06 1000rr for weeks now, waiting on paperwork to clear and delivery. Most COMFORTABLE fit i’ve ever had on a bike, and it’s amazingly powerful.

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I say get the 1000RR… very unique and sooo slick! keep it safe from the start as its almost double the power but Ya I say get it!

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

are you kidding me?! YOU TRAITOR!!!! NEVER GET RID OF THAT TRIBAL! especially if you dont have a power commander/sprocket conversion on it!

Profile photo of coltonharris13
    coltonharris13
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Not a fan of losing the Orange either, but I would probably go with the 1000!

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I haven’t decided yet. On the plus side if I do sell her my little brother is probubly going to buy it. So at least she will stay in the family.

He is looking for a CBR now. We went for a ride on Good Friday and he got ass ended by some bitch texting. We just put all new fairings on it this past winter.

Before the accident with “Big Booty Judy”

After some texting BITCH KILLED JUDY!! You BITCH!!

So its a win win. And RideCBR gets a new member!

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

It’s paid for, that makes it the perfect bike. Keep the 600.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I have the cash so I wouldn’t have a payment.

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

if you have a rear seat cowl, sell it to me foor cheap if you upgrade!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I don’t. Wish I did though.

Profile photo of atx600rr
    atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Im happy with my 05 but wouldn’t hesitate to grab something newer if I could afford it. Especially now that the 03-06 bikes look a bit old compared to the new ones.

Profile photo of hoosier1104
    hoosier1104
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Paid for…………………hard choice here…………………………….keep the 600RR. IT IS PAID FOR!

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Eh, you only live once, stick that 1000rr in your garage and smile bigger for the next few months when you twist the throttle.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I think I’m going to. I found an 08 for 1/2 the price of the 2012 (mo money for mods). As soon as I get my 600 sold it’s on!

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Well my decision has been made final… I just went to the local shop yesterday and… … … (some suspence) ordered some new parts for my 600. That’s right I’m sticking with the Tribal Orange.

I was sitting in the smoke shack at work yesterday looking at it. All of a sudden the sky cleared up and the sun was making the paint look so good. I just can’t get rid of her. It is IMO the best looking RR ever made. Oh… and sorry little Bro, but get your own RR!!!

Profile photo of crash
    crash
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Good move! Its a very nice bike and you have a lot you can do to it still! I would personally stick to the ’09+ 1000s if you are looking in the future.

Profile photo of rhyno900
    rhyno900
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

wow that was a tough choice. I myself would have bought the new 1000rr, provided it could be paid for with no payments. then yu still could have sold the 600 and put some coin back in your pocket
    both bikes are nice I do like the tribal. I was thinking of repainting my 900 again. Shona pearl white with red tribal flames and red powdered rims. just a thought.

Profile photo of 09redblackrr
    09redblackrr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

ive been thinking for a long time to upgrade to a 1krr i actually got my trade value and started the paperwork last week on a 2012 HRC it was nice and sexy but i could justify that kinda loan for a bike.

Profile photo of 02gtfl
    02gtfl
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I’ve rode a few of the 2008-2012 CBR100RR’s and they are AWESOME!!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.