Triple Digit Summer Temps

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse Triple Digit Summer Temps

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of 74demon 74demon 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I can only speak for the Mid-Atlantic region but this summer has been crazy hot and just as humid. I was heading home from the beach yesterday on my F4i and my temp kept at a steady 212(radiator, thermostat, fan are all working fine). . . at 80mph and 90mph. . .of course there the ambient air temp was 98 with a heat index of 105. . . I can’t think of one day in the last 3 weeks that didn’t peak in the 90s and the humidity is always high too. .how has the summer been treating you in your region?

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

It’s been hot here, in southern California, as well. It’s been 90’s and low 100’s on the coast for weeks now, with it being over 100 everyday inland. It was even up to 115 a week or so ago.

Now we have fires to deal with and no water to fight them.

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

that sucks

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Sucks, but typical.

It happens every year at this time. People are stupid about their surroundings.

Profile photo of kgprice
    kgprice
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Im sorry but my sissy butt can not ride in temperatures over 92 degrees Fahrenheit especially when the humidity is 70+% hahah my thighs would be on firee!

Kevin
    Pittsburgh, PA
    2001 Honda CBR 929RR Respol Edition

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I ride in all conditions. . . guess thats why I’ve put 13,000 miles on my F4i since I bought it in 2014. . . I have had to wash my helmets pads more often than usual. . lol

Profile photo of kewlbreeze
    kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Super hot and humid here too but it always is for us in the summer anyway. I don’t have an issue riding in hot weather AS LONG AS I’M MOVING, the riding is not the issue it’s the stops at red lights with a 220 degree fireball between my thighs that causes me to reconsider riding much in this heat.

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I agree. . I don’t use my bike for comuting so I usually only run into 3 or 4 lights over the course of a 4 or 5 hour ride. . I think I’m gonna start wearing a camelbak for now on though. . when I was finishing up my ride yesterday I started feeling woozy. . I wear an icon hooligan jersey and Joe rocket ballistic mesh riding pants so the air flows great as long as I am moving. . .

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Air flow is key.

Sweat + air flow = A/C!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.